Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Idieters
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

How do you manage to get enough calcium in your diet..?

Do any of you take any supliments ?

I know you can get calcium in other foods but to get the recommended daily amount without dairy I think I would be eating for a good 8 hours a day

IanMunro
    Free Member

Eat bones.

I suspect people used to get quite a lot of calcium this way through sticking all the bones in a stock pot to simmer for a few days. I could be talking cuss word though 😀

loum
    Free Member

Drink milk.
    You “earn” some carbs when you exercise, “spend” these on a pint straight after.
    * I’m no idiet expert, and it’s probably not really allowed, but it seems the best way to get round that problem.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Or just drink milk only on your day off ……. 😉

loum
    Free Member

Too much beer to drink on the off day, no time for milk 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

Maybe there’s loads of calcium in green leafy veg – more in some than there is in milk. And lots in almonds too….

singlecrack
    Free Member
    loum
    Free Member

Cheers for the tips iDave.
    So does that mean milk’s completely out, even after 90minutes training?

Edit: just checked that link, looks like tinned sardines is the way forward, thanks.

zilog6128

Maybe there’s loads of calcium in green leafy veg – more in some than there is in milk. And lots in almonds too….

Loads more in some seaweeds as well, apparently. But as OP says, unless you’re eating these foods all day long, I don’t see how you’re going to get the recommended approx 1000mg every day. This is not something I’d considered before… looks like I’ll be picking up some supplements then!

iDave
    Free Member

you don’t need supplements

Dear Mark: Calcium for Women

kaesae
    Free Member

Hadn’t actually considered tinned sardines in my protien milk shakes, yummy!

I can’t stand cows milk, or most dairy products too much casein protein, I do love goats milk though, anyone else drink goats milk? or do most people drink that cows milk shit!

kaesae
    Free Member

😯 😆 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Idieters’ is closed to new replies.