• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • iDiet and Soya milk
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My mrs is wanting to do the idiet and wants to know if she can have soya milk?

Ta.

iDave
    Free Member

It’s shite. Tell her to just use water and pretend it’s white.

EDIT – sorry, I seem to be pissing on your chips a lot today 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Are pissed on chips allowed?

davidjones15
    Free Member

doesn’t soya milk provoke different problems like preventing zinc absorption. this does assume that zinc is important.

rewski
    Free Member

Unsweetened is pretty rank when it curdles in coffee, rather have black. Most have apple juice and maltodextrin to sweeten them, yuk.

zilog6128

Was wondering this myself. Most have apple juice as a sweetener and other crap in them. Waitrose Organic Unsweetened is literally just soya beans & water though AFAIK.

molgrips
    Free Member

Soya milk is not really very good for you. Lots of oestrogen in it, can stop you getting pregnant too I think.

saleem
    Free Member

Can you take protein shakes if you are on the diet as was thinking of starting it ??

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes.

LHS
    Free Member

Try Almond milk, Hemp Milk or Cocunut milk, much better than milk or Soya Milk

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ok three points oestrogen makes it harder for a man to fertilise an egg apparently so she is probably safe in this respect- i doubt her sperm count will be affected

secondly pregnant cows put oestrogen into their milk so it is present in cows milk as well

Thirdly

Soya milk has long been regarded as the healthy alternative for those who are intolerant to lactose – the sugar found in cow’s milk.

Research has also trumpeted its many other health benefits. These include the ability of soya-based products to lower blood cholesterol levels, helping it protect the heart.

Soya contains isoflavones, which are anti-oxidants thought to protect the walls of arteries from damage from harmful chemicals called free radicals.

It also contains a phytochemical substance called geinstein that is thought to inhibit the formation of blood vessels that assist in the growth of small tumours. It is for this reason that some studies have linked the consumption of soya milk to cancer prevention.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-329013/All-need-know-milk.html#ixzz1mNCE6ntD

almond milk is much nicer and if you think soya milk tastes like white water then dont try rice milk

LHS
    Free Member

Pretty much any milk is better for you than dairy milk.

scruff
    Free Member

No rice milk, but what about mice milk ?

ell_tell
    Free Member

Pretty much any milk is better for you than dairy milk.

Cat milk?

maxray
    Free Member

breast milk 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

yeti milk… you have nipples dont you?

Junkyard
    Free Member

man milk 😯

Molgrips we could do this for ever but that was about high levels of soya in a diet not about soya milk per se…c’mon you are a scientist you can do better than this

FWIW i am not claiming soya or veganism is some sort of panacae for all ills but surely you can do better

EDIT:
    lets not lets just accpeyt you can have a helathy or an unhealthy diet and on one product will tip the blance but an excess of many different food stuffs is not good for you
    FWIW I dont give my kids much soya stuff for the reasons noted in the study.

LHS
    Free Member

breast milk

Well, unfortuntely yes, they are finding pesticides in Breast Milk now through the consumption of dairy products.

Cat milk is actually ok.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeti milk is full of Zinc so is probably a great addition to her soya intake.

molgrips
    Free Member

but that was about high levels of soya in a diet not about soya milk per se…c’mon you are a scientist you can do better than this

Well, what I said was ‘looks like some bad effects too’ not ‘soy milk is bad for you’. Perfectly scientific 🙂

I would guess that drinking soya milk is a good way to get high levels of soy in your diet mind.

lets just accpeyt you can have a helathy or an unhealthy diet and on one product will tip the blance

Of course – happy to accept that. I’m just showing evidence of evidence – it’s the scientist’s way 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Milk you say ?……

iDave, is again, quite correct.

But don’t that stop anybody.

On a planet of over six billion, who cares ?, its not like soya milk will bring about the end of the world.

Drink-up.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘iDiet and Soya milk’ is closed to new replies.