Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Identify bird song how?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Most evenings I have a parambulation around an ancient monument, more often than not I can hear a bird singing and I want to identify it. I thought it was a skylark but cant see any in the sky.

Any ornathologists among the collective know of a good website to check out.

sleepless
    Free Member
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Does it not fly along beside you and look you in the eye for a while Piggie? Maybe you could dismount and communicate with it somehow? 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 Darcy I want to be able to communicate with it, sing its song, become one with our feathered friends, the Jackdaw in Swansea was a sign I tell you a sign.

Thanks Sleepless, i need a site that has wavs (are wavs still around) of birds singing really.

solarpowered
    Free Member

I downloaded the RSPB app the other week for £4.99. Worth every penny IMO!

zilog6128

There is an app called Chirp! which is for exactly this, it’s v good and only £1.99.

samuri
    Free Member

Shoot it and then use pictures to identify it.

solarpowered
    Free Member

zilog6128 – Member
    There is an app called Chirp! which is for exactly this, it’s v good and only £1.99.

Oooh! Thanks! 😀

muddy_bum
    Free Member

CountZero

I thought it was a skylark but cant see any in the sky.

Believe me, unless you see a skylark launch itself and start singing, they’re bloody difficult to locate. They go to a fair height, and they’re a small bird.
    Could be a Corn Bunting, or a Yellowhammer. they’re related, and like to perch on bushes and sing their little heads off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Identify bird song how?’ is closed to new replies.