Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Identifing an old model name for some old oakley sunglasses?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

About 12 years ago I bought my gf a pair of oakleys, they werent really biking glasses, not M frames, but I really liked them and am trying find whatb they were called, she eventually broke them in her handbag. Anyway does anybody here have any idea what model they might have been.

They were plastic, black frame and then the lenses were round silver with a black plastic wide edge to make the whole lens eliptical.

They looked great on a road TT ride but were crap offroad.

Any ideas? i tried looking on ebay at pics and google images but there are so many models its hard without a model name.

Any ideas?

clubber
    Free Member

subzero? There were lots of different models similar to these with slightly different shapes.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

oooh thats close.

clubber
    Free Member

Old model (the new ones are different) Oakley Zero?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

nope not the right ones… had a good look on the net and the ones I am after have a plastic rim underneath the lens, not above.

thehustler
    Free Member

zero point 6's

thehustler
    Free Member

or if a bit smaller than above, zero point 4's

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

nah none of the above… cheers tho. These were almost robotic looking, a bit freaky if you know what I mean. hmmm.

bigdawg
    Free Member
    ti_pin_man
    Free Member

bigdawg, yes, they didnt have the holes but yes… what are they?

headfirst
    Free Member

what they are, sir, is bloody hideous

mangoridebike

man those are crazy even by Oakleys standards

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

they looked cool in a road TT, I didnt win, didnt come anywhere near but were just fab.

Eccles
    Free Member

Christ on a trike, they're appaling. Drugs were better back then, I'm guessing. Woah.

nuggett96
    Free Member

i think they might be 'the moon' can't get them anymore.

carlosg
    Free Member

oh my god they're even worse than those over the top of your head ones they did!!!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

nah,not moons. and yes i agree they have a certain … erm … cough .. style statement. ;O)

nuggett96
    Free Member

If u take them to an Oakley stockist, they can give u a freepost
    box to send them bk, and Oakley will get in touch with u about what
    can be done.

bigdawg
    Free Member

theyre a very early version of zeroes – the zeroes came in numerous designs over hte years, from memory these were around 95/96

bigdawg
    Free Member
    CountZero

I've had plenty of pairs of Oakleys over the years, but those really do come under the heading of ‘idiosyncratic styling’,
    that's for sure. Much prefer my Frogskins.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

My gf had THESE

The lenses are more silver than in the picture and were a little freaky and I loved borrowing them. Next I'll have to see if I can trck some down. It isnt for a warranty claim as I know oakley are one of the worlds best companies for warranty, its just cos I fancy a pair. Weord but true.

Cheers all!

nuggett96
    Free Member

They are part of the zero range, and Oakley don't stock them anymore,
    or have any spares. Sorry. My missus works in optics and emailed them today.
    If u think they're fixable it may be worth sendin them bk anyway or they
    might offer u a discounted replacement. Hope this helps

thehustler
    Free Member

As said above they are def zero point fours, have 2 pairs here, one in blue and one in red iridium (I own an options and used to sell them)

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

My first ever Oakleys were a paid of blue iridium sub zeros. Great glasses, ridiculously light. When they started to look a bit dated I used them under my motorbike helmet as they fitted well. Snapped them in two in my pocket a couple of years back – I was gutted.

bullheart
    Free Member

Dude.

They are a car crash.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Identifing an old model name for some old oakley sunglasses?’ is closed to new replies.