Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ideas sought, £1200 max to spend on new or secondhand……………
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

…………watch. What would you buy/have you bought?

I'm drawn towards a new Seamaster but open to suggestions.

BB

derek_starship
    Free Member

You can get a new Constellation automatic chronometer like this for £1200.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Max out at £100 on a decent Casio and blow the rest on bike bits?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Max out at £100 on a decent Casio and blow the rest on bike bits?

He wants to spend £1200 on a quality Swiss timepiece 😕 See above for reference.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

DS, I do like the Constellation but was looking for something a little less "dress watch" for wearing on the bike and off.

TS, I have a budget for bike bits, this money is just set aside for a watch.

BB

woffle
    Free Member

I'd go retro omega or rolex…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Hmmm – maybe TS is right about the Casio if you're after something for on-bike!

What about a Tissot T-Touch – tough, not as dear as Omega but still Swiss and compass, barometer etc.?

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Sorry, I meant on the bike whilst commuting. For all other riding I use a HRM.

BB

M6TTF
    Free Member

myboss has one of these u boat watches, flippin lovely and you can get various straps and models. I'd love one but out of my price range and I have really scrawny wrists so big watches look daft on me

tankslapper
    Free Member

O.K. Derek & Co my view of 'quality' Swiss time pieces is the same as 'personalised' number plates….why? Its a functional item, would you spend £1200 on a toilet……….

O.K. you HAVE to spend that sort of cash on a watch so ignore all previous and settle only for (and second hand here is still good) Patek Philippe – that would empress me more than a a chunk of metal…..that's and investment / heirloom.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ideas sought, £1200 max to spend on new or secondhand……………’ is closed to new replies.