Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ideas on a DIY Ay-Up helmet mount?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I have 2 sets of ay-up lights and as I rarely use the bar mounted ones I’ve passed them onto my dad. Now he’s seen my helmet mounted ones he wants some of that action. Although the gecko mounts are cheap from ay-up the postage is not!
    Battery is easily sorted by the velcro straps – i’ve always considered the battery gecko mount as useless but the lights one is very handy.

So does anyone know of a way to mount an ay-up light onto a helmet DIY style?

bampot
    Free Member

Move to Australia and the postage is pretty cheap 😀

if you’ve got yours, just copy it in a bit of wood – Drill the beam slot and then the cable slot at 90 degrees and get out the zipties/velcro?

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Ah FFS are they at it again?
    I’ve a couple of sets of AYUPs and think they’re great BUT this ‘now we have a UK based retailer…now we don’t …now we have a UK based retailer…now we don’t’ really p!$$es me off!
    Fortunately I bought a load of mounts a while back when they *did* have the UK outlet otherwise I’d just have sold them on as the cost of shipping the ancillary bits makes it an unjustifiable light set to own here when there are others out there showing a bit more support for their UK based customers. 👿

MrTall
    Free Member

Well they still had a place (Leicester way?) up until just before Xmas as 2 friends bought some and part of the order came from the uk base.

I have several spare mounts as i’ve had 2 full kits from them. I do have a spare unused Gecko mount but i’d prefer to keep it as a spare but i think i have an unused older style helmet mount (the zip tie one) if it’s of any use? £5 posted.

This one
    http://www.ayup-lights.com/products/27/

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Seems strange as according to the website:

UK & EU Shipping
    From 22nd Feb 2011 all orders will be processed through the Australian shop and shipped from Australia. See this page for details on International shipping

Zone ……….0-500 GRAMS….501-2200 GRAMS….2201-5000 GRAMs…..>5001 GRAMS

UK……Approx £13.63 GBP….Approx £30.67 GBP…Approx £37.48 GBP…Approx £0.00 GBP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ideas on a DIY Ay-Up helmet mount?’ is closed to new replies.