Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ideas for storing bikes indoors….
  • piemann
    Free Member

I want a more efficient way of storing (up to) 5 bikes in my spare room. As it is now, they’re just leaning against each other taking up a lot of room. I live in rented accomodation so drilling into the walls or ceiling is not really an option.
    I was wondering if some sort of free standing frame – an A-frame something like a kid’s swing frame for example – might be a solution. I could fit hooks and hang the bikes from the front wheels.

Has anyone tried anything like this?
    If anyone’s got a alternative solution, I’d dearly love to see what you did.

Thanks
    Iain

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve got a bit of 2×4 screwed to the ceiling with big hooks screwed into that. I know your place is rented but its only a 5 minute job to patch the holes when you leave. If you really aren’t keen the you could make a kee-klamp frame

valleydaddy
    Free Member

you may have an idea there. you can get swings for fairly cheap

probably cheaper than making one up.

so using some “S” hooks on the top bar may work a peach. with a twist in them!!

the 2 bike satnd thing in Lidl/Aldi does that need screwing to the wall???

nbt

Ach, put screws into the wall / ceiling. It’s not a big deal at the end of the day if they’re painted (if papered it’s a bit more of an issue)

stayhigh

You can use plumbing pipes and some imagination to build a triangualr rack to rest front wheels in. I did have a link to some american chap who did it but cant find it for the life of me now. Looked good though.

warpcow
    Free Member

There’s plenty of inspiration here:
    linky

It’s in foreign (Swedish), but there are lots of pictures. Quite a lot of IKEA solutions (unsurprisingly).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ideas for storing bikes indoors….’ is closed to new replies.