• This topic has 8 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by alexrobort-spam.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ideas for internet based credit card without being UK resident
  • mugsys_m8

Does anyone know a credit card that I could apply for that does not requuire me to be a UK resident?

I have an egg card, but I’m supposed to be UK resident, and them switching to Barclaycard makes me want to ditch them.

wwaswas

why not just get one that’s for where you live?

donsimon
    Free Member

If you have residential status abroad they might, or they might just repeat what wwaswas said.

mugsys_m8

Ok. Internet based french credit card?

MSP

A UK based CC allows the user to access geographical based services like itunes, lovefilm etc.

Wish I had kept one when I had moved to Germany.

andytherocketeer

Kept mine when I moved overseas. 1 no questions asked. The other, no questions asked when I moved to Holland, but refused to allow a subsequent address change to Germany “because I was moving overseas” without me setting up direct debit to pay off full balance each month (but they did increase my credit limit to about 20 grand).

Some companies (mostly German) didn’t accept my CC because the country of the issuing bank and residence don’t match.

Not tried applying for an overseas one.

Edukator
    Free Member

If you’re in France then La Poste. En ligne and lots of real branches. I use LCL which sells you online services for 3.50e a month.

DrJ

First Direct? I have their CC.

konabunny
    Free Member

IIRC, a couple of French banks have dedicated expat/immigrant sections that have English-speaking teams. Credit Agricole might be one.

Alternatively, get a credit card issued by “offshore” jurisdiction that doesn’t expect you to live there – Jersey etc. But you’ll pay for it.

Alternatively alternatively, if you don’t need it much, use a disposable credit card?

“A UK based CC allows the user to access geographical based services like itunes, lovefilm etc.”

You often need a UK proxy as well imhe.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ideas for internet based credit card without being UK resident’ is closed to new replies.