Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ideas For 1 Week Away in UK
  • ryder
    Free Member

HI I have a week’s holiday booked for August and want to use it to go away and do some riding. To give you an idea of my experience I live on the Sussex coast and ride mainly on the South Downs, Surrey Hills and Swinley.

I have been to BPW a couple of times and my limit skill wise are the reds there which I found ride-able but challenging. I definitely don’t want anything harder than that tech wise.

So for a week where would you head? Wales/Peaks/Scotland? Also would you go independent or are there any tour companies worth looking at?

TIA
    John

Candodavid
    Free Member

Get a guide for Lake District. Open your eyes to some awesome riding, your skill level will take a huge jump too

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Edinburgh…..city sight seeing, Riding on the Pentlands, Glentress. Reckon that should entertain you for a week. So much to see in Edinburgh if you have a bike….but take a good lock!

northernmatt

What Candodavid said but Peak District not Lake. Just personal preference.

grum
    Free Member

Lake District +1

Infinitely better than the Peak District IMO. Both in terms of scenery and riding. I guess the Peak District is more accessible though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you add up the cost of a week in the UK you may not be far off the cost of a guided holiday with say Basque MtB, Trail Addiction Destination X or Bike Riviera.

That being said for a week in UK I would combine North Wales with the Lakes or just do the Lakes. I lived in Surrey Hills and rode Peak as a 2 or 3 day weekend as its 3+ hours. Peak is great but do it as a weekend. You could do a week in Lakes and take in Peak on the way back to check it out. As Surrey Hills/South Downs rider be prepared to be wowed by the Lakes and hopefully you’re a quick leaner as we don’t much chance to practice riding on rockier terrain.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ideas For 1 Week Away in UK’ is closed to new replies.