Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)
  • iDave diet downsides
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

About 4 or 5 pairs of jeans ( Vans and Howies ) no longer fit

on the plus side some t-shirts that were a little too snug now fit me correctly

Cheers iDave 😀

miketually
    Free Member

My new 32″ waist jeans are very loose now and I’m going to have to put a new hole in my belt.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

My belt has also moved up a notch or two! Main courses are fine but what I am missing is a small sweet dessert, does anyone have any ideas?

philconsequence
    Free Member

try making your own ice-lollies? or do what i do and do some exercise in the evenings you’re desperate for a pudpud so you can have some simple carbs AKA pudding*

*i dont actually do this, but it sounds like a good idea

gee68
    Free Member

Im going shopping tomorrow as i look like im wearing my big brothers clothes,two stone 4lbs down and just a couple more pounds to go.

Well happy. 😀

Keva
    Free Member

Main courses are fine but what I am missing is a small sweet dessert, does anyone have any ideas?

stop eating dessert? I did when I moved out of mothers aged about 17.

Kev

BoardinBob

I had to take 8 bin bags of clothes to the clothing bank place. Bought a new pair of smaller jeans about a month ago and they’re already too big for me 🙁 😀

wallop

I’ve got a permanent hangover from all the extra red wine I’m drinking.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

but what I am missing is a small sweet dessert, does anyone have any ideas?

Yeah, just have some dark chocolate… it won’t kill you.

miketually
    Free Member

It’s a habit to be broken.

Clobber
    Free Member

It’s a habit to be broken.

Agreed, think its easier to leave sugar alone altogether than just have a little bit…

surfer
    Free Member

The tiredness (when trying to run) that hit me within 24 hours and only goes away when I stop the diet.

Maybe its just me as any lack of carbs wouldnt hit that soon.

Clobber
    Free Member

The tiredness (when trying to run) that hit me within 24 hours and only goes away when I stop the diet.

Maybe its just me as any lack of carbs wouldnt hit that soon.

I still can’t believe the idiots that still think this is a low carb diet…

It was funny for maybe the first 20 times…

Solo
    Free Member

May I share an analogy which comes into my tiny mind ?.
    It may be wrong / inaccurate, but this is how I sometimes view it.

You’ve got a car which can use both regular and high octane fuel.

You’ve always used high Octane and you’ve got use to the performance.

However, with fuel prices and all.

You’ve decided to run on regular octane fuel.

But now you notice a change in performance.

surfer
    Free Member

I still can’t believe the idiots that still think this is a low carb diet..

Easy Tiger.

Clobber
    Free Member

May I share an analogy which comes into my tiny mind ?.
    It may be wrong / inaccurate, but this is how I sometimes view it.

You’ve got a car which can use both regular and high octane fuel.

You’ve always used high Octane and you’ve got use to the performance.

However, with fuel prices and all.

You’ve decided to run on regular octane fuel.

But now you notice a change in performance.

What are you on about? I have more energy if I stick to the idiet properly…

druidh
    Free Member

fogliettaz – Member
    My belt has also moved up a notch or two! Main courses are fine but what I am missing is a small sweet dessert, does anyone have any ideas?

Apple crumble?
    https://twitter.com/teamskychef/status/206475781445128192/photo/1

BoardinBob

What are you on about? I have more energy if I stick to the idiet properly…

+1

Yesterday I ate

Some chicken for breakfast
    Handful of cashew nuts mid morning
    Chicken and salad for lunch
    Handful of cashew nuts mid afternoon

Then did 2 hours of brutal Muay Thai in a room pushing 30 degrees. Had a recovery drink afterwards.

Today I feel great and I’ll do it all again tonight. I never have any energy crashes. In fact I probably feel worst after a cheat meal or day but I’ve more or less eliminated them now anyway.

Solo
    Free Member

What are you on about?

In my limited experience, I’ve noticed remarks from people who use to consume a lot of simple carbs, comment that in their early days of iDiet, they can’t perform quite as they use to before trying the iDiet.

I think this fits in with the suggestion that if you are iDiet and are going to undertake vigirous exercise.
    That you supplement with simple carbs.
    Some may find this useful, some may not.

It was just a thought.
    🙂

Clobber
    Free Member

Easy Tiger.

Sorry Surfer, not a personal attack… But it seems like the same questions come up again and again…

If you want to lose fat, you’ve got to substitute the nasty fast carbs (spuds, rice, pasta etc..) for nice slow carbs (beans, pulses etc..) so you still have the energy but without the insulin response triggered by fast carbs

philconsequence
    Free Member

if you add up all the carbs from beans and pulses using something like myfitnesspal its amazing how easily you can go over the RDA for carbs in one meal!

but they is slow carbs so they wont catch up with me 😀

ourmaninthenorth

No clothes size changes yet, but it’s early days and I never altered my clothes (just got less comfortable in them). Looking forward to a bit more room (1/2 stone down after 3-4 weeks; 2 stone to go).

druidh
    Free Member

Carrot cake with chocolate… yummy.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Just celebrated my 50th birthday at the weekend 2st 8lbs lighter than I was at the beginning of March. I had a bunch of mates round for a BBQ on Saturday afternoon and, not wanting to be a diet nazi, opted to put out a reasonable selection of buns and such like to go with a selection of iDave inspired bean salads, shredded carrot in pesto and plenty of lean handmade beefburgers, sausages and chicken from our local butcher. I’ve just chucked out several bags of unused buns and so on, as everyone chose to go iDave for the afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it.

On the dessert front, I’ve found that going cold turkey is the only way to overcome my sweet tooth – I’ve been addicted to chocolate, ice cream and cake since I was a kid, which has probably been a significant factor in me becoming the lard bucket I am today.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

if you add up all the carbs from beans and pulses using something like myfitnesspal its amazing how easily you can go over the RDA for carbs in one meal!

LOL – I realised this last night after using up leftover falafal mix and some baked onion bhajis that I’d made up at the weekend… chickpea heaven!

Solo
    Free Member

Just celebrated my 50th birthday

2st 8lbs lighter than I was at the beginning of March

Good lad 😉

ourmaninthenorth

On the dessert front, I’ve found that going cold turkey is the only way to overcome my sweet tooth

Biggest challenge for me following the current regime. But, equally, if I don’t feed the addiction, so the cravings have lessened.

Could still eat druidh’s cake in one easy sitting….

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Some chicken for breakfast Handful of cashew nuts mid morning
    Chicken and salad for lunch Handful of cashew nuts mid afternoon

BoardinBob, you will turn into a chicken or cashew nut! 😛

ChrisS
    Free Member

Interested to see the references to “lean” meat. That runs contrary to Gary Taubes take on these things ( Why we get fat – and what to do about it ) doesn’t it? Also the idiet allows for chorizo and nuts etc…..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Downsides…

Once you start talking about it… you’re trapped.

I still can’t believe that people actually follow it to the letter.

jota180
    Free Member

It didn’t work for me, I missed cheese on toast, beer etc. too much

I’m now on a more traditional ‘eat less, move more’ programme, 16lbs so far in 4 weeks and plenty of energy.
    Still get to have a beer and bread, cheese etc. as long as I remember to earn it

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

jota180 – Member
    It didn’t work for me, I missed cheese on toast, beer etc. too much

I’m now on a more traditional ‘eat less, move more’ programme, 16lbs so far in 4 weeks and plenty of energy.
    Still get to have a beer and bread, cheese etc. as long as I remember to earn it

Darcy – you need me to ‘vanish’ him?

timidwheeler

If I need a pudding I have a 10 cal jelly with a pinch of chopped nuts.

disco_stu
    Free Member

I don’t bother following it to the letter anymore but I have cut right down the amount of rice, pasta, potato and fruit.

I still have milk in my tea and have the odd bit of cheese on omlettes but I’m down about 2st since Oct last year and my weight has been stable for the past couple of months

Solo
    Free Member

‘eat less, move more’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTUspjZG-wc

EDIT:

Eating less doesn’t work, for if it did, you wouldn’t be fat in the first place

miketually
    Free Member

I was never a chubber, but have been iDieting anyway. My weight used to wobble up and down between 73 and 75kg. Since the end of the first week of iDiet I’ve been dead on 70kg every morning.

There’s very little weight loss, but I’m definitely leaner and my waist measurement has dropped, so the idea that your body self-regulates seems to work.

On Saturday I skipped breakfast (apart from coffee and a pint of water) and did a 108km mixed on- and off-road singlespeed ride (with around 1700m of climbing) fueled by water only for the first hour, then bottles of diluted applejuice (2l juice and 3l water in total), three mini pork pies and a small tub of chicken and lentil dahl. Felt absolutely fine.

I’m convinced by it 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Felt absolutely fine

Mike, I’m failing to see your down side to the iDave diet.
    😆

jota180
    Free Member

Eating less doesn’t work, for if it did, you wouldn’t be fat in the first place

Eating less definitely works, if I done that over the Winter rather than lay by the pool in Lanzarote drinking and eating too much, I wouldn’t need to lose 2 stone.
    I deliberately didn’t eat less over the Winter

ton

just seen this………it is ace.
    i am back in a 38” waist trousers, down from 42”
    also in a xxl shirt rather than a tight 3xl.
    and i went thru 10 pairs of shorts for my holiday on saturday, they are all too big.

idiet/primal rocks………… 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ton you’re going to have to post an ‘after’ wrestling video for our delights…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet downsides’ is closed to new replies.