Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Idaho Hot Springs Journal – the final cut.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Well almost, I’ve got some of Boblo’s pics to add, but it’s as good as complete.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/MCandBoblogoHotSpringingaroundIdaho

It really is a cracking ride. We rode the 600 miles of the main loop which includes riding out and back into Boise on the spur. Total ascent was somewhere around 40,000 in eleven days.

As a toe in the water for the GDMBR it’s a perfect way to check out your gear, fitness and mind. There are bail out options and the ride is a loop so logistics are a little easier.

phinbob

That looks fantastic. I really need to do (a shorter version) of something like this.

Google maps has Boise as a 10hr drive from here…

noteeth
    Free Member

Good work. 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

That looks fantastic. I really need to do (a shorter version) of something like this.

Google maps has Boise as a 10hr drive from here…

If I were ten hours drive from Idaho, I’d be filling up my tank right now and looking for Steppenwolf tapes.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that. Thanks.

Ursula and Daniel’s spoke repair is pure genius.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

They threaded the cord through the hub then tied a stopper knot inside the rim, the stick tourniquet is as you say is genius.

portlyone

Good read, thanks for sharing.

I’d be more worried about hearing a banjo from outside my tent then I would wild animals! 😉

busydog
    Free Member

Most excellent blog Mcmoonter. I lived in Idaho for several years back in the late 70’s and, being before the days of MTB, I hiked/backpacked and camped all over the state and your descriptions are spot on.
    I am almost certain that the picture of the animal track you posted was that of a timber wolf (too big for a coyote).
    Again, well done.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Timberwolf! Holy shit

Top tip, don’t think your shorts will be ready to wear when you washed them before a sub zero night’s camping.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Idaho Hot Springs Journal – the final cut.’ is closed to new replies.