Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ID my plant
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

I have recently moved into a new place with a massive garden and know very little about its upkeep.

since moving i have pretty much everything sorted (what to do and when) but am stumped by this bad boy.

it looks like asparagus, was non existant 2 weeks ago now is 3 foot tall

is it just aspragus gone nuts, or is it something else?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Does look like sparrers guts but in the words of Manuel…'I know nothing'

verbal_kint
    Free Member

yes it's asparagus, it will turn into a ferny leaved plant quite quickly

Ambrose

Lucky sod- I love asparagus SO much- num num num.

holandaise sauce a go-go

verbal_kint
    Free Member

butter roasted in the oven for 10 minutes, sprinkled liberally with chopped black forest ham and parmesan, roasted again for another ten minutes, then sprinkled with toasted pine nuts. serve in the roasting tray with good bread …

MrNutt
    Free Member

break them off where they want to snap (about 5inches from the tip of the spear), peel the spears up to about 1/2 an inch from the tip, into boiling water till cooked (wobble nicely when held by the cut end). Shock in iced water.

Reduce the water you'd cooked the asparagus in right down.

grate Parmigiano-Reggiano on to a silicon baking sheet (on a tray) and make it into a circle about 3 inches round and about 1cm in height, put some thinly sliced Pancetta on the other end and pop them in the oven till cooked, the cheese will be a lightly golden crisp and the Pancetta should not be burnt.

poach a couple of quails eggs.

cook the Asparagus in a pan with some butter and a little of the stock with some shelled broad beans.

put the spears onto a bowl plate, add the beans and the sauce, put the eggs, bacon and then the cheese on top.

eat.

Ambrose

I'm coming over to your place, via Tim's, right now.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Got some asparagus in the fridge, like an alternative to hollandaise sauce.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Buy a couple of chicken breasts flatten with a rolling pin. Wrap asparagus stalks and a little chopped garlic with the chicken breast. Then wrap in parma ham and brown quickly, season to taste. Then pop into oven for 20-30 mins or so. Chop half a red onion and soften in the pan that you browned the chicken breasts in. Add a glass of white wine and reduce. Add a chopped table spoon of tarragon to your reduction then add single cream or crème fraiche. Bring sauce up to temp then pour over the chicken wrapped in Ham with the asparagus. V Good!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ID my plant’ is closed to new replies.