Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • ICS Galaxys2
  • JonBoy
    Free Member

When will it be out for Virgin Mobile?

dan1980
    Free Member

Have you tried contacting Virgin Mobile?

If you’re in a rush, root your phone and install a custom ICS ROM. It’s easyish to do.

http://www.xda-developers.com/tag/samsung-galaxy-s-ii/

JonBoy
    Free Member

Virgin call center couldn’t didn’t know what i was on about. Looked online and the just say they have it. Not to fussed about waiting. I have rooted a couple of android phones to remove skins and such but the virgin phones are a straight up build.

clubber
    Free Member

One of the guys here did it on his Vodafone GS2 using the three mobile ICS image. Says it’s not really worth it – no real benefit functionally though apparently the text looks a little bit nicer.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

The problem with the official samsung/carrier upgrade is I doubt you’ll notice any difference. Touchwiz is Touchwiz in any version of android.

Have a look here for a list of roms.

I’m currently using Pure ICS from here

I’m also using the 15 toggle mod from here which allows you to modify the notification bar toggles.

It’s working pretty well the only issue I have is some of the dialogs are black text on a grey background so not that easy to read but they are only in a few places.

benslow
    Free Member

Who’s network do Virgin use ?

Three have rolled out, orange is in April but T-Mob and Voda haven’t specified although T-Mob has said they’re working on it …

JonBoy
    Free Member

Virgin use T-Mobile and Orange.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ICS Galaxys2’ is closed to new replies.