Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iCloud alike for Android?
  • tron
    Free Member

My girlfriend and I both have Galaxy S2s. I currently use Picasa to look after photos on my laptop.

What I’d like is to be able to share pictures across all three devices – both phones and the laptop. And I don’t want my pictures suddenly becoming Facebook / Flickr / Twitpic’s property.

Doing it in Picasa is bloody clunky – I got a photo album onto my phone’s gallery from Picasa (same google account) and a couple of weeks later it just disappeared. Try sharing it with my girlfriend’s google account and she just gets a link by email, which works fine on a PC but not on the phone…

Google drive, Dropbox, Evernote etc. all seem to have some aggro level associated – ie, on Google drive, as far as I can tell, I have to upload files one by one!

Is there a decent photo sharing / cloud service for Android and Windows that just works in an iCloud style? I thought I’d dropped on when I found out that Google+ can automatically upload photos, but again, they try to claim ownership of them. To be honest, I’m getting half tempted to lob the lot on ebay and buy a load of Mac kit…

PrinceJohn

I’ve got dropbox on my android, as far as I can tell it uploads automatically if you tell it what things to upload.

GregMay
    Free Member

Use UbuntuOne here, synchs to my laptop and desktop also. Hurrah for Linux!

glenh
    Free Member

I’m not sure why you can’t do this with picasa.

Photos upload automatically from my phone to picasa web albums. Web albums sync automatically with my phone and computer.

Rickos
    Free Member

Dropbox uploads photos off my phone automatically.

tron
    Free Member

With Picasa, web albums appear on my phone, but some of them have now disappeared. No idea why. Anyway, even when it is working, sharing the photos is a pain in the neck.

Will look into Ubuntu One, Dropbox and Sugarsync this afternoon…

glenh
    Free Member

Have you selected the picasa albums for offline sync on your phone?

Cougar

I use Sugarsync. Can give you a referral if you like, will give you a bit more space.

EDIT: here.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

You can sync all your photos and files through google drive.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iCloud alike for Android?’ is closed to new replies.