Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ice+1deg+ rain = mayhem
  • Trekster

on the roads anyway

mind how you go this morning, nearly upended myself stepping out the back door 😕

IanMunro
    Free Member

Got the ice-spikers out yesterday and stuck em on a bike in anticipation 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ice, -1 and rain this morning = wipers freezing to screen on each wipe 🙂

scotabroad

drove dundee to Dumfries last night at about -4 C an had a lot of fun stopping to unfreeze the wiper blades, and that was with winter wash in. Britain seems to have the ideal ice formation climate, worked in the US and winters never had the same amount of hoar frost/ blac ice conditions even with -20 temps…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fell off twice on the ice today, body armour for 2mile commute it is then

nedrapier

scot, whereabouts in the states were you? Ice storms are a major problem in the North East

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3758170/Ice-storms-hit-north-east-US.html

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sweet, just seen the forecast for Salisbury tomorrow and it's for plenty of snow. Really looking forward to the commute now 🙂 Almost binned it on the steps of doom this morning, maybe the snow will make me go faster…

scotabroad

nedrapier – yes thats a good point you make, whne those happen its a major event with power lines and trees getting wrecked. But most of the time through the winter it stays well below freezing and sunny and clear and the air gets very dry to the point your nasal passages start drying up and getting sore, and the static build up in your car can be pretty impressive – I lived near to Philly.

Trekster

wife got the call from her boss, I have just fallen on the ice and will not be in!!

Trekster

you biking this weekend scotabroad?
    Might get out Sun, got grand kids Fri/Sat

Nights Wed/Thurs so will miss Thurs night ride 🙁

scotabroad

Trekster Ironically for this post I'm going away skiing on sat but will be back boxing day, would be up for a days away biking post xmas, heard theres a night right on the Tues?

rOcKeTdOg

really?, was 4 degrees here today, supposed to be snow tomorrow though

Trekster

night ride Thurs yup, if Jemma is OK, suffering from a tummy bug apparently.

Working boxing day,nights 27th so free 28/29/30th

forge197
    Free Member

I slipped yesterday in Mabie it was frosty first thing decided to walk down something that looked icy which promptly was and ended up on my backside.!! Best be careful.

Might try and get a loop in on Thursday night as can only ride Saturday day this weekend. Still trying to get my fitness back up to a reasonable level and hope to join one of the group rides soon when I can keep up a bit better 🙂

scotabroad

I'll give you a shout, Jemma saying that there a night ride on tues the 28th at Mabie…

Trekster

Thought it was 29th? but as ever my memory is a bit 💡
    I am nights Thurs so will not be there 😡

woffle
    Free Member

I came a cropper on black ice this morning (not the only one by the looks of the car in the hedge just down the road).

No damage done aside from the tear in the knee of the bib-shorts thank goodness…

be careful!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ice+1deg+ rain = mayhem’ is closed to new replies.