Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ibiza – summer holidays
  • dave_rudabar
    Free Member

My GF & I are tempted to have a week in Ibiza for a summer hols.
    I know some peeps on here have been before & but I couldn't find info when searching.

I need to work out if I can afford it without missing out on the fun, so;
    – Where's a sensible place to stay – I don't bounce back in the morning quite as fast anymore, so no dives!
    – How much are the big clubs to get in & is there a better time to go during the season?
    – Any other thoughts (apart from don't go, you're too old!)?

BoardinBob

One simple question

Can you afford to pay €25 for a spirit in mixer in a club?

If not, I wouldn't bother with Ibiza

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

urk – didn't think it was that much! Might have to mull this one over afterall – off to Slinky this weekend (3D clubbing, WTF?!), think i might just be too excitable at the mo…

BoardinBob

It's eye wateringly expensive. You'll get cheap passes for the big clubs but once you're in…£15 for a bottle of water 😆

mboy
    Free Member

Just do your drinking before you go in the clubs… £1 a large beer in the supermarkets, £10 a small one in the clubs… Your decision so to speak…

Where to stay? I'd say Playa Den Bossa. You're right next to Space, but other than that it's chilled enough most of the time. More importantly though, you're away from the beer boys and the West End of San Antonio.

All the big clubs are a bus/taxi ride away, but they pretty much are wherever you stay. And if you stay in Playa Den Bossa, you get to watch the sunrise on the beach, which is quite romantic if you're into that sort of thing…

Can always catch a bus to San An should you feel the need to go surround yourselves by morons too… 😉

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

been about 7times, cheap digs in san an,posh playa de bossa.
    clubs are £25-30..to save £ buy half bot of vodka stick in back pocket,an just buy mixers..they dont search as no trouble over there.
    cheap time to go is end of may early june for opening partys…july/aug is mad,sep is cool 4 closing do's wid a older crowd..enjoy it m8

elma
    Free Member

I always stay by talamanca beach across the bay from Ibiza town its fantastic,all the decent clubs are two minutes walk away :wink:.

Iain

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

hhhmmmmmm – eeeenteresting, perhaps it will be on afterall!

I expect most evenings to be throwing some serious shapes:

Rich
    Free Member

Ibiza Spotlight is a good forum.

As long as you dont drink lots in the clubs its not too bad. Though I remember it being more like 15 euros for a spirit and mixer, and 10 euros for a small water.

Last time I went we didnt go to any of the big clubs and spent the evenings in bars/small clubs. It meant we were fresh in the daytime to explore the beautiful coves all over the island, and also saved loads of money!

Good place to stay is Gran Sol, near the sunset strip.

mboy
    Free Member

Last time I went we didnt go to any of the big clubs and spent the evenings in bars/small clubs. It meant we were fresh in the daytime to explore the beautiful coves all over the island, and also saved loads of money!

Fair enough, but kinda misses the main point of going to Ibiza in my book. The Clubs, the DJ's, the nightlife etc… Where else in the world have you got it all in such abundance?

Better to take a couple of weeks there, do a few big nights and combine it with a few days hiring a car and exploring the exceedingly beautiful Island too. Pace yourselves and enjoy the best of both worlds…

wrightyson
    Free Member

It's the bollox!!
    Stay in playa den bossa, as previous post said it is lovely out that way and away from the all day drinking dicks! Make sure you have your best speedos coz the beach is full of uber cool and beautiful people, but eveyone is welcome.
    However as a been before type the more contacts you can get before you go the better, even just for the odd free beer and cheap entry!
    Unfortunately if you just rock up to space on a sat night it is 45 quid to get in so get your feelers out early and hunt out the cheapies. Hed Kandi night last year was simply awesome, but the pinnacle for me was Swedish house mafia at pacha closing party. Unfortunately I couldnt get a freebie for that and it cost an eye watering 56 quid, but was worth every penny!!
    Also do mambo for the sunset, it's a bit cliche' but if the sunset is right Its a great buzz to the start of the night!
    Do it, and do it properly, you'll never forget and never regret how much or little you spent
    Do it! And do it properly And you'll never ever regret or remember what it cost you!

Rich
    Free Member

MaverickBoy – Member

Fair enough, but kinda misses the main point of going to Ibiza in my book. The Clubs, the DJ's, the nightlife etc… Where else in the world have you got it all in such abundance?

Better to take a couple of weeks there, do a few big nights and combine it with a few days hiring a car and exploring the exceedingly beautiful Island too. Pace yourselves and enjoy the best of both worlds…

Yeah I agree tbh, we only done that because it was our fifth time, I was just highlighting the fact that there is so much more to offer than the nightlife.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I've booked up a stag do over there for the last bank holiday in may. 9 of us heading to San An for £190 inc. flights each. I've been before and none of the others have so decided to take them to the errr… 'real' ibiza (ie. what they've seen on tv)
    Should be able to get Pacha opening and Space opening in then some more relaxed days.
    Any thoughts on a good way to 'make some connections?'

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

We went to Slinky Classics in Bournemouth last night, to get the juices flowing.
    It was ace, really gonna try & make the summer hols plans work I reckon – cheers for the thoughts guys.

Oh and what charlie said too…?!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Getting "connectetions" as you put it, ain't all that easy to be fair. Its usually bar staff that are in the know and not the touts. Every man and his dog can get you tickets to here or there but usually at full price. Usually it's just a case of being nice to folk and buying them the odd drink etc. Suppose the more you chat to people the more ya chances are. Our visit last year encompassed a stag do and it's always a bit of a struggle when it's a group of lads, coz your just seen as a big cash cow!
    There was 8 of us and I could only get 2 guest list from the promoter for hed kandi but anything is a bonus to be fair. I'm lucky with mambo tho coz I went to school with the manageress ha ha.
    One other chance may be talking to people in clubs at home at the moment coz a lot of the workers will be gearing up back here for another season this summer.
    All the best guys and no matter what I'm sure you'll be booking you tickets for next year!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ibiza – summer holidays’ is closed to new replies.