Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ibis Mojo SL or Santa Cruz Nomad ??
  • trisysjoint

So, if you could only have 1 or the other what would it be ….for all round riding. XC, BPW local singletrack etc.

1 has to go but I love em both.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

New SC bike coming soon?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Funny, I recently made this choice. After testing the nomad and the Bronson, I chose the mojo hd3 and I’m very please with it. So far, it has been used for swinley, south downs and the peak. Felt a bit much for swinley and downs but was very happy in the Peak.

Did you edit, or did I miss the last bit? The above was typed before I knew you were doing n-1. Now it make more sense that you said the mojo sl. I’d still stick with the ibis though.

trisysjoint

No new bike coming, just need to condense the fleet to just one FS bike

WWSTD?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Which Nomad?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not being a dick (honest), but surely you’re in by far the best position to judge this?

Personally I’d sell them both and buy a nice mid-trvael 29er.

trisysjoint

Mikewsmith – 26er – 160mm travel

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hmm been riding that one if it’s the last of them and it’d good but not a patch on the new one

trisysjoint

Would love to Chakaping but funds are at a minimum 🙂

Plus everything else I have spares wise etc is 26″

honourablegeorge

Onzadog – Member

I chose the mojo hd3 and I’m very please with it.

Curious – what size, and what height are you?

I was blown away by how tiny the large HD3 is

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Plus everything else I have spares wise etc is 26″

by all you mean some rims and spokes?

Onzadog
    Free Member

5’10” large. Wife is 5’9″ on a medium.

trisysjoint

by all you mean some rims and spokes?

Lol, yes I guess so…

v666ern
    Free Member

XC, BPW local singletrack etc.

seems like the logical choice would be the Ibis

The Mojo SL is a super lightweight, efficient pedaling, strong and versatile trail bike.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Therea a new Nomad coming in 2018 isnt there…which looks remarkably like a carbon version of the version of the Nomad Mk3 prototype that was more DH oriented/V10 inspired.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

sell both and buy the current mk3 nomad? I had a mk2 carbon for 5 years and loved it, but the current iteration is noticeably better in everyway – a true do it all bike. or wait till the new nomad comes out later in the year if rumours are to be believed, at which point i’d guess there would be some very attractively priced second hand mk3 nomads about. can’t comment on how they compare to the mojo as not ridden one, but not recommending what you own would be against the STW way!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Probably not gonna help you at all, but I’ve just bought a new Bronson, and it is incredible. The acceleration on any type of trail is wicked, much like the first time you get on a light road bike. Stability at speed on rough stuff belies its 150 travel, I had ordered a 160 shaft for the fork, but tbh I may not bother.

Canny wait to get some big days in the hills on it.

twonks

Do you really have to let one go, or is it just your mind telling you to do so?

I went from having a 2000 SC superlight to a 2007 frame and then last year went with a s/hand Mojo SLR frameset from these classifieds whilst at the same time going to new 34mm 150mm travel forks.

The ride on the SLR is awesome. Much much stronger feeling than the Superlight, but I do miss the SL. So much so that I’m thinking of dismantling my HT to build the SL back up.

Morel of the story is that if you really don’t need to get rid of one – then don’t and simply ride which ever one takes your fancy at the time.

Especially combined with the fact that you won’t get much for either.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo SL or Santa Cruz Nomad ??’ is closed to new replies.