Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ibis 741 carbon rims
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

whose rocking a set of these? riding around rocks etc etc? how are they holding up?

I’m torn between these and just a set of ex471 alloy, the thing that’s putting me off is riding the peak district a lot and rock strikes, I know chances are it will be pot luck, but trying to an idea of actual experience on them

cheers!

honeybadgerx

I can only comment on riding a hire bike with 928 rims on in Lake Tahoe, so not quite the same but if anything less sturdy. Did some pretty rocky trails there and they were on a ibis Ripley so not an enduro weapon either. Stood up very well and will be considering some on my next full sus build I think.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

My mate burst his rear 741 rim on a rock the other week, wasn’t a big hit either, got it replaced under warranty pretty quick

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers, ouch! I know its a very very risky thing to buy, especially riding the peak most of the time, is it worth it though?! believe ibis are great with warranty/replacement though should it happen and ive a spare set of wheels to use if its delayed for some reason

or do I just get some nice alloy ex471’s built on to pro4s for a third of the price ❓

scaled
    Free Member

Peak rider here too, ex471 on the back of mine now (with procore), light bicycle carbon up front. You can guess why 😀

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

😆

I think that’s just nailed it for me 8)

hatter

Also check out the DT XM 481’s if you fancy wider rims, they’re not quite as strong as the EX 471′ but they’re 5 mm wider and about the same weight.

Of course if you’re a regular rim masher you’d probably be better off with the EX’s.

poah
    Free Member

the new EX1501 wheels come in 30mm now so I’d expect the rim only be sold soon

ir12daveor
    Free Member

I’ve been running a pair of them since July last year. Until now only good things to say about them. Riding is primarily Alpine in nature no shortage of rocks over here in Switzerland!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ibis 741 carbon rims’ is closed to new replies.