Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • i900 5" vs i950-R 6" – is it worth the extra?
  • geebus
    Free Member

I had a remote i900 on my boardman FS Comp and really liked being able to have the seat pretty high for the flat and go straight into a hovering-over-the-back-wheel descent.

That bike unfortunately was stolen and I’ve just ‘won’ an ebay auction for an 08 Giant Reign 0, which I’d like a seat post for.

If it was a case of buying either new I’d go for the i950 I think; but as the i900 can be got for a fair bit less second hand; do people think the extra inch and lightness is worth it on the i950-R?

There’s also the Rase Black Bamba which offers lots of travel (I want at least 5″), but that seems to be even more expensive, rarer and heavier.
    Don’t think there’s any others that do 6″?

Oh and yes I’m sure there’s some ‘six inch’ jokes in there :).

chojin
    Free Member

iirc the i900 has much more tendancy to develop play, where as the i950 has a different design to (mostly) eliminate this.

My i950 was great – in fact, i’ve just sold it on here for £105 – you missed out 🙂

Ewan
    Free Member

Who wouldn’t want an extra inch?

chojin
    Free Member

Also, don’t forget the “R” part of the i950-R means it comes with the remote control – this version is more expensive than the bog standard i950.

i’ve just ordered an i950-R from hibike for £180 (ish) if that’s of any use

geebus
    Free Member

Do all i950s have that extra inch? The pure-race.com site still lists it as 5″.
    I was thinking the R meant it was the newer/longer version, not just with remote, thus the thread title.

I initially had the non-remote version and while it was useful, I still found myself stopping, while the remote really ‘made’ the package, so I could keep rolling.

Sadly I didn’t have my i900 long enough to develop play I suspect.
    £180 is a decent price, will have a look there, cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘i900 5" vs i950-R 6" – is it worth the extra?’ is closed to new replies.