Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I60mm Pikes and Trek Remedy
  • mtbtom
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a set of the new Pikes to replace the Fox 32 (150) on my Remedy.

Am toying with getting the 160mm Pikes which would slacken-up the head angle a little, although surely not a huge amount over 150mm Fox’s. Think I wouldn’t mind a slacker head angle.

Does that sound like it would work? I don’t like the flexy 32mm Foxes. Also don’t like the linear spring. And the damping is sticky (even after a service).

Also thinking about replacing the Remedy frame with a Commencal Meta SX in the next year, just can’t afford to do it all at once. Are the Pike’s still suitable for the tougher Meta SX or would Lyriks / Marzocchi 55’s be a better fit?

Cheers

campfreddie
    Free Member

Rockshox have a naturally higher axle-crown when compared with a same travel Fox fork, so the increase will be more than 10mm

LoCo
    Free Member

Ran some 150mm pike 29er on my 26″ remedy, with a few other mods ( shortened shock, 650 rear wheel) so lowered BB and head angle at 64 degrees 😉

james
    Free Member

Fox 32 26″ @ 150mm and QR15 A-C I think is 525mm
    RS Pike 26″ @ 160mm I think are 542mm
    So add another 17mm

Can you get a 26″ Pike with 150mm travel?

Nonsense
    Free Member

I’m running 160mm Slants on my Remedy and they are about a gazillion times better than the Fox 32’s

Loco – just out of interest is there much you can do to the DRCV RP2 on the Remedy?

mtbtom
    Free Member

Hmmn.. 17mm sounds like quite a lot! Maybe I should stick with the 150mm Pikes. Was hoping to get the 160 ones in case I upgrade the frame.

Cheers for the advice guys.

Mugboo

I could be wrong but I don’t think the parts to change them to 160 at a later date will be too expensive from Loco.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run some 160mm Lyriks on my 26 Remedy. Works fine.

is there much you can do to the DRCV RP2 on the Remedy?

I put a Van RC coil on for the Alps (LoCo supplied the shock). A tad heavy with the std steel spring but works well. TBH I rate the std DRCV air shock though.

Popocatapetl

I’ve been running a set of 2012 160 Talas RLC Fit on my 2012 Remedy with no issues and it makes it much better on the rough stuff. The Remedy was originally produced with 160’s. Go big my man 😀

mtbtom
    Free Member

Sounds like a plan!

Hadn’t occurred to me that you can reduce the travel by swapping the airspring pushrod. But googling for that specifically comes up with a few useful threads. Apparently the uppers and lowers are the same across all travel lengths and wheel sizes.

Thanks for the help 🙂

Just give it a go. Sticking 170mm forks on my 150mm Enduro has slackened the HA off to 65.5 deg from 67 and it rides lovely

Northwind

campfreddie – Member

Rockshox have a naturally higher axle-crown when compared with a same travel Fox fork, so the increase will be more than 10mm

It’s not quite that simple, Fox are all over the place- so frinstance new Pikes are longer than 32s but shorter than 36s.

pugster007
    Free Member

I’ve swapped my Fox 32 150mm forks to the Dual Position Pikes, 160 /130. Not really noticed the height difference at 160mm, I just dropped one spacer out from under my stem. Climbing is better at 130mm.
    The Pikes will give you far superior tracking and damping, in fact they take some getting used to as any side to side movement your wheels find will all come up back to your bars (this is a good thing) unlike the Fox forks which twist to dampen it a bit, if you see what I mean. Go for the upgrade and let us know how you get on !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I60mm Pikes and Trek Remedy’ is closed to new replies.