Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I would never have, it's all cynic-al's fault.
  • epicyclo

There I was enjoying my motorbikeless lifestyle after almost riding one most of my life, when up popped Al’s thread on what bike to get. I’d even just sold my Suzuki Goose – largely unridden – there’s no room for a manly long range endurance tank on a bike built for fit young people.

Tick, tock, a little time bomb was started and I didn’t even notice.

Evenings were occupied with thoughts of bikes I have owned. eBay started to get scoured, just out of interest, y’know.

Dug out my old ride journals. Read through them.

Foolish, foolish man.

Contemplation on what was my favourite bike. Velocette Venom? tuned to the max, great handling – nah, probably couldn’t get one started these days. Ariel Red Hunter? – nice bike, but I got rid of it for the Velo. Old Triumphs? – had a few, but generally uninspiring buckets of bolts, and the only time they don’t rattle and piss oil is when they’re about to seize. Old Norton? – I used to explode them, ok while running. Ducati? never again, great for a one night stand though. Harley? – had 3, ok, but only suitable for straight lines.

Anyhow, it came down to BMW boxers. The current ones are nice, but I can’t see much I could fix on them, so I’ve gone and bought an airhead. I can rebuild one of those with my eyes closed.

Cynic-al – it’s all your fault! I hope you feel suitably guilty now, and when my missus comes back from Oz, I’m blaming you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

at least you have not improvised your own brakes 😉
    Enjoy

nickf
    Free Member

at least you have not improvised your own brakes

..with a fork…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Happy to take the blame epi…are you blaming me for all your DIY projects when they go wrong?

Know I know who to quiz about older bikes…

Oh and for the haterz: carbon brake mount mk2, 1 month on and still working fine…

epicyclo

Junkyard – Member
    at least you have not improvised your own brakes
    Enjoy

I suppose you won’t be surprised if I mention I have been looking at 4LS drum brakes for it?

(from ajs-shop.co.uk)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I would never have, it's all cynic-al's fault.’ is closed to new replies.