Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • I was saving this for a quiet day…
  • ro
    Free Member

…but as some fool asked for my advice on components, here it is.

1. carbon does not belong on a bike. don't ask me why, it just doesn't.
    2. components on a bike should be silver or black. cables white. colours are so.. ghay. and no-one, not even a gay person, wants to look that ghay.
    3. never buy a freewheel with a larger rear cog than 28. it marks you out as an unfit newbie.
    4. gripshift-type changers rule. anything else is so 1990's.
    5. always use a short cage rear derailleur. it may limit your range of gears but the bike looks so much better.
    6. straight bars are not only cool, they ride better.
    7. double chainsets on mtb make So Much Sense. when you're going slower than 6 kph, get off and run.
    8. bladed spokes should be mandatory.
    9. mavic rims should be mandatory.
    10. tubeless tyres are pointless.
    11. consider suntour.
    12. sram are gods.
    13. that is all for today.

khani
    Free Member

hangonaminutethisisgonnabegoodletmegetabeerandmybaci 😆

R979
    Free Member

LHS
    Free Member

If i throw a stick will you leave?

JEngledow
    Free Member

Your trying far too hard now, just give up 😐

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I realise the irony in saying this but if no-one responds he'll get bored and go away.

BTW Ro, it's ghey, with an 'e'

ro
    Free Member

but… my kona LIVES by those rules!

markd
    Free Member

I dont know if i am more angry at your nonsense or my inability not to respond to this bilge.

Please – just stop clogging the interpipes with your typed jobbies.

alex222
    Free Member

So now you're homophobic?

ro
    Free Member

wow! i thought it would take at least 30 replies before someone noted the

ghey

spelling!

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I now know what ro stands for.

ro
    Free Member

does homophobic mean i hate water? or is that hydrophobic?

alex222
    Free Member

2. components on a bike should be silver or black. cables white. colours are so.. ghay. and no-one, not even a gay person, wants to look that ghay.

homophobic.

rOcKeTdOg

*looksi nto thread, realises there's nothing new to read, just the same old Tosh, exits thread*

Junkyard
    Free Member

1. ok for road bike and bars and seatpost but not the frame of a mtb
    2. caring whether your components are the same colour or match is just vanity if they work they match
    3. Ride with a 34 as I can carry the extra weight even if it is rotational
    4. wrong they are rubbish
    5. see 2 and 3
    6. risers with ergo grips and bar ends comfy and offends just about everyone
    7. possibly if low time/speed is your goal however clearing something is satisfactory
    8. No
    9. No
    10. Never used no opinion
    11. Ok
    12. sram are gods. They are
    13. that is all for today. – I very much doubt it

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

ro is gay peeps, before the righteous indignation continues full pelt.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Does that mean it's homophobic to think this is a particularly tedious troll? 🙂

JEngledow
    Free Member

ro is gay peeps, before the righteous indignation continues full pelt.

Does that mean he hates himself?!

Junkyard
    Free Member

gay and attention seeking are you sure 😉

Dark-Side

You're a little attention hungry, aren't you ro?

alex222
    Free Member

he's gone quiet, have we touched a nerve?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ro, I'll donate some baby blue coloured brake outers to your charity doodahh/kona rebuild on the cheep if you go away and never post again.

And I intend to take my frame to the powder coaters to get it re coloured soon, what colour would absolutely most offend you, a RAL code would be helpfull if you have it.

nickc

1. got some carbon, not really interested in your opinion.
    2. red is nice also, colours are nice generally
    3. 32 on mine, don't care if I look like a newbie, I'm neither that, or unfit
    4. they're ok, levers are good also.
    5. no thanks, mechanical sympathy is a good thing
    6. what was that you were saying about living in the 90's?
    7. mine's a triple, It came like that, I can't be arsed to change sorry. Get off and run? If I'm cycling I'll cycle, if I'm running I'll run, running alongside a bike is just for w**kers
    8. Really, why? they're a real pain to build with.
    9. Other rims are just as good
    10. No, they're not, really try it.
    11. for what?
    12. Cargo cult?

Opinions are wonderful things…

bigyinn
    Free Member

It cant be ro, theres no mention of disc brakes having no place on a mountain bike.

Poor Troll, much to obvious and easy to spot.

epicyclo

Cut him some slack, he's entertaining us with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

We get some worthy diatribes from him 😆

spooky_b329

If he gets that article published in the mag, I will cancel my subscription in protest!

khani
    Free Member

Cut him some slack, he's entertaining us with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

We get some worthy diatribes from him
    +1 great fun 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

1. carbon does not belong on a bike. don't ask me why, it just doesn't. It does on some parts.
    2. components on a bike should be silver or black. cables white. colours are so.. gay. and no-one, not even a gay person, wants to look that gay. Errmm – true
    3. never buy a freewheel with a larger rear cog than 28. it marks you out as an unfit newbie. No it doesn't. It marks you out as someone that climbs proper hills
    4. gripshift-type changers rule. anything else is so 1990's. Nope – they fail quickly and are just simply gash
    5. always use a short cage rear derailleur. it may limit your range of gears but the bike looks so much better. And you were talking about people that worry too much about the looks of their bike being ahem "ghay"
    6. straight bars are not only cool, they ride better. Agreed
    7. double chainsets on mtb make So Much Sense. when you're going slower than 6 kph, get off and run. Nope
    8. bladed spokes should be mandatory. And where do you get emergency spares?
    9. mavic rims should be mandatory. I like them. Many prefer Stans.
    10. tubeless tyres are pointless. Agreed
    11. consider suntour. If on a major budget ONLY
    12. sram are gods. For some bits yes but they still can't make a good chainset or front mech
    13. that is all for today. Good

ro
    Free Member

14. skewers should be neatly tucked away, a la roadies.
    15. saddles should be level. dear god, is it that hard to do?
    16. if you MUST have fs, max 100mm travel. if you find you need more, ktm do some very nice motocross bikes.
    17. rear suspension should only be used by young children who like to use their bike as a trampoline, or by older individuals with a note from their doc detailing a spinal abnormality.
    18. using any form of motorised transport to get to the top of a downhill route should be punishable by public ridicule.
    19. tubby people and tight mtb outfits? need i say more?
    20. armour under your clothes? what's that about? ride within your limits!
    22. tyres? a tyre is a tyre is a tyre. it's all in your head. just ride the thing. having said that, continentals are so cool.
    23. chainsets; the most over-hyped, overly-expensive, least performance-influencing component on a bike. cheap shimano are fine. live with your disappointment.
    24. wheels? a good wheelbuilder turns a recreation into a lifestyle. find one, then shower them with gifts, for truly they will change your life.
    25. that is all. maybe forever, but certainly for today.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Oh, for the love of God, please choose forever. That last post shows you up as a bigger idiot/attention whore than I previously suspected.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

for a self-proclaimed master explorer, you seem to spend quite a lot of time fannying about on the internet ro…

bobbyspangles

hahaha-classic stuff.

nickc

14. this isn't controversial
    15. level…tricky, at what point of ride are we taking?
    16. 100mm really? 4 inches a whole four inches? not long ago that was world cup DH what are you thinking?
    17. rear suspension should only be used by young children anybody who like to use their bike as a trampoline. fixed that for you.
    18. less time spent pushing, more time riding…
    19. British men are far too self-conscious for this to be an issue anyway
    20. expands your limits, more speed more fun
    21. ?
    22. Winter vs summer tyres…
    23. Chainsets. If I might paraphrase yourself: makes no odds but looks nicer
    24. This is where I know you're trying too hard…The correct thing to say here is: If you can't build your own wheels, you're not a proper cyclist…
    25. Please make it stop.

ro, you're making the classic troll mistake, you've said some stuff, it got a response, you think if you keep saying stuff you'll keep on getting the response, chill out, you're trying waaaay to hard me old mucker… Look at the stuff you said in your other post about chipps, you're like the edgy magazine that's gone all mainstream, but already? I was hoping for at least a couple of more days… Amateur effort at best

JEngledow
    Free Member

you're like the edgy magazine that's gone all mainstream

😆

Bedds
    Free Member

wwaswas

Yay!!!

the 'Golly I need your help' thread is now ranked 3rd on google for ro's company name 🙂

which is http://brightyellowstar.com/Home/Home.html btw

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yep you are right it's definitely..

http://brightyellowstar.com/Home/Home.html

BigJohn

I don't think Ro will ever have a quiet day.

Those voices in his head will never shut up.

one_bad_mofo

What I want to say about ro would get me banned, so I'm just going to sit here and make evil plans!

willard

Is this guy for real, or is he some sort of annoyance-bot that some developer from Google dreamed up?

His last few posts have struck me as being just the sane side of spam. But only just.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I was saving this for a quiet day…’ is closed to new replies.