Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I want to start a business….but doing what?
  • sucklingmatt
    Free Member

I am a qualified Ifa, I have spent my whole life working in offshore life assurance and offshore financial planning…I am currently un-employed basically because I hated my working life but know what to do? I love the idea of being my own boss, but I don’t know what I could be doing….any ideas? Just be quite cheap to start to. Thanks

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

market stall holder selling fish/meat

organic veg

make things

fix things

chewkw
    Free Member

Be an insurance broker … ?

tthew

Something related to a hobby you enjoy then probably.

MTB guiding if you live in a nice area, (prob qualifications and insurance needed). Mobile bike repairs if you are handy with spanners and there’s no decent shops too close. B&B if you have a massive house, combined with either or both of the above.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

Not one to boast but I have only ever done insurance borking for super yachts. Mtb gide would be good, have you ever been to iom.i used to it next to mark cavendish at school and also raced bikes against him, strange how life takes you on different paths.

I live on an island of 80,000 people so not really and markets and stuff ness ou own a farm and can do farmers markets

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

A fun idea I had a while back (probably entirely unworkable, but…) was a pasty kiosk in a ski resort. The humble pasty strikes me as quite possibly the perfect ski resort snack. You can keep your crepes and your 25 Euro saucisson et frites, I reckon it could work.
    Then you could expand across the Alps, there must be more than enough Brits in the likes of Meribel, Les Arcs and Chamonix to make it work.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

Pasty….genius

tthew

I’ve not been to IoM, and I reckon there’s a lot of MTB’ers who would might pay for a couple of days being shown round the best bits of the place.

Perhaps you could strike up a business deal with some bike friendly accommodation places of varying cost in exchange for some finders fees for referring business their way, reciprocated if they get you work.

Oh yeah, and supply pasties as well. (if this takes off, I expect a cut or at least a free weekend visit 😉 )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I want to start a business….but doing what?’ is closed to new replies.