Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I want to replace my Windows phone with…..what?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Fed up with the Windows phone – useless for getting properly useful apps, don’t need the Windows compatability, so want to try something else.

Just want to be able to phone people, text people, take the odd photo, browse the web and get a few more apps. Maybe finally get my CDs transferred as last…

So, er what? And ideally available from Tesco Mobile

Jamie
    Free Member

Moto G™ + 4G. and a memory card.

jimmy

my work chums who do their research and care about their phones have both bought a Moto G.

I replaced my windaes phone with a Sony Z1 Compact.

I don’t get it all – pick an operating system and beyond that its all about… errr…

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Moto G.
    That is all.

Stainypants

i have a galaxy note 3 from work and a personal Moto G. I’d not used the Moto G for a while and came back to it recently. I actually prefer it to the Note 3.

spicer
    Free Member

I’m just using android with the “windows launcher” app. Android OS with the nice metro homescreen, which is also more customisable than it is in windows.

I’m using a Cubot X6 (£120, 8 core phone off ebay). Well on par with all the big UK brands, albeit with an aesthetic design that hasn’t had much thought put into it!

PePPeR

I’m another Moto G user, I’ve got a note 2 of my own and my works Moto G is pretty good, the main thing it’s slow at is reading opening and searching spreadsheets.

Bimbler
    Free Member

In the absence of a budget, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 top end, Nexus 5 mid end, Motorola G low-mid end.

dannybgoode

What apps can’t you find now ok WP. Just about all the major ones are there now assuming you have WP 8 or 8.1

Given you’re requirements I genuinely can’t see what its missing and happy to help.

Mackem

Sony Xperia Ultra. Yes, it’s BIG. But great screen, use it as an e-reader. How often do you actually make phone calls?

ThePinkster

Another vote for the Moto G here.
    It just works without issue, battery life isn’t bad at all and I’m really pleased with the screen & camera for the price even though a few folks have moaned about it here.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

It depends what you are used to, quality and size. O2 have a deal on a refurb Galaxy S5 for £270 on the Refresh Plan. It’s a big phone but is also very high end. Ebuyer have/had the LG G3 for £299, another high end phone.
    On a budget though the Moto G 2014 is hard to beat.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Sony Xperia Z2 or Z3 or if you want something smaller the Z2 or Z3 compact as the compacts don’t have compromised performance as their innards are the same as the larger Xperias

Caher

Moto g

grantway
    Free Member

Jamie – Freeloader!
    Moto G™ + 4G. and a memory card.

That is a good phone And if you are a PC user then get this phone

lambchop
    Free Member

Xiaomi Redmi 1S

daveh
    Free Member

Moto G , original and new bigger one, both seem really solid phones – a couple of chaps at work have them and seem happy. If it wasn’t for the 720p screen I’d certainly consider one. I had the Nexus 4 for a year, which the original Moto G basically copied, and it’s still doing it’s thing fine in the hands of the last of the house. I now have a Nexus 5 which is great bar the battery life, though that seems to have improved with Lollipop. I had an Xperia Z2 for less than a week, I sent it back as it was buggy, hung completely twice in 4 days and wouldn’t unlock sometimes.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What apps are you not finding on windows?

The new low end windows phone is the best cheap smartphone you can buy.

ampthill

From my point of view they only app I’d miss on Windows would be Snapseed

When my note 1 dies had tough of get a Windows phone, particularly as they now have a swipe keyboard.

But the moto g looked tempting

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I want to replace my Windows phone with…..what?’ is closed to new replies.