Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I want to do a race!
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

I want get my first race done before the end of the year. Come back from Ft. Bill all giggly about number plates and sticking tissue up my nose on the turbo-trainer.

It will have to be done on the SS (25/12 or 25/14) 100mm Inbred.

I don’t have a car and I live in Edinburgh.

Who knows of what’s good where?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

There are sometimes races at Craigmillar Castle but maybe only two or three a year. Last year they had one at Halloween, may have been a CX race, but mountain bikes would have been allowed I think.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Or if you can get a lift, there’s always something on at Inners sooner rather than later.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I keep meaning to go back to the castle for, what i’d hope to be, some excellent SS training. I’ll atleast keep that in mind.

If it’s only ever CX, i’ll lycra up and lock-out the forks 🙂

While you’re here Steve, you heard of any plans for a group possibly including TBC to get down Glentress? Another cherry to be popped.

cynic-al
    Free Member

erc 48s…more than a few times a year?

Otherwise sxc.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Cheers cynic-al. I feel a bit sheltered, I didn’t even know about ERC or SXC. They’ve been favourited and will be followed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

might not be erc that runs 48s, never done one, a colleagues does.

Ahh, you probs got this

http://www.edinburghrc.co.uk/about/promotions/edinburgh-48-series

Quite low key I hear, but you got to start somewhere.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

That’s it though, get the first one done for better or worse then i’ll probably get the bug like I do with everything else bike-worthy and get all Strava on the city.

More than anything need a focus and reason to train.

Whether the cause is appropriate or not, a race is indeed a race.

Northwind

Still spaces for the IXS Cup this weekend. Singlespeed will be no disadvantage 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If you mean tomorrow night then I can’t make it, Glentress is at least fairly singlespeed friendly so we should try and arrange something. I think the Tri Centre organised the Halloween race, the 48’s were the others I was thinking of.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Think i’m wiggling my way into some try-not-to-get-in-the-way-just-go-on-and-ahead-push-up-ride-down Pentlands action tomorrow anyway.

If you hear a whisper of a Glentress trip, other than than SteveMTB’s current thread, let me know!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

ERC 48s finished for the year now. There’s huaghcross on (i think) 22nd July – cx race in Aberdour.

banginon

Come down to Drumlanrig for 8 hour event (some peoplewill race) on July 7th

It’s posted up on here somewhere.

Bring some friends and make up a team or go for it solo, party after if you want to.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Cheers bangin on. Non-obligatory racing, post-gnar party, smashing.

Sounds just up my street.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I want to do a race!’ is closed to new replies.