Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I want something's flesh
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

on an barbecue tonight, in a new and interesting way.

What’s your best meaty BBQ recipe?

qwerty
    Free Member

Eat what you are:

atlaz
    Free Member

Goat. I had a goat leg last year and it was pretty good. A colleague just slow-roasted a whole on on his big BBQ and it was excellent. Do it Moroccan style with loads of spices

theotherjonv

I was going to suggest a butterfly lamb leg – easy enough to do yourself but a proper butcher, even the meat counter at the supermarket will do it for you.

Rub with some olive oil and salt and rosemary and then BBQ – few mins each side over the heat for colour and crisp and then move away from direct heat and roast with the lid down until it’s done, which obvs depends on your taste.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Prawn lollipops, loads of them! 6 King prawns on each skewer, continually brushed during the few minutes it takes to cook them with a mixture of garlic, chilli, butter and olive oil.

Lemon on top, and demolish.

Hanger or bavette steak seared and sliced on toasted on the BBQ sourdough with horseradish spread on beforehand, and topped with roast peppers.

I also love a whole Chorizo ring seared for a few mins too.

Anjum annands indian chicken burgers are always a real hit too.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hanger or bavette steak seared and sliced on toasted on the BBQ sourdough with horseradish spread on beforehand, and topped with roast peppers.

winning so far, others are great but have done similar before

binners

Any deviation from burgers and sausages (in crap buns with loads of tomato sauce and a plastic faux-cheese single) is pointless and self-defeating middle-class wankery

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Any deviation from burgers and sausages (in crap buns with loads of tomato sauce and a plastic faux-cheese single) is for the over 5’s

FTFY

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Merguez sossidges. Teh yumz.

mattyfez

Rainbow trout is nice BBQ’d

Dead easy too.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/18085/herbed-trout-on-the-bbq.aspx

jimdubleyou

Monkfish and chorizo kebabs.

Or chicken and chorizo if you don’t like fish.

joebristol

Lamb shoulder – get a butcher to remove all the bones and butterfly it.

Buy some natural yogurt and stir in garamasala / cumin / turmeric / black pepper bit of olive oil to make it funnier if it’s very thick yogurt.

Cook over indirect heat with a lid on with charcoal briquettes for around 3 hours. I usually use a BBQ thermometer to make sure it doesn’t overcook.

Can look very well done on the outside as the yoghurt forms a crunchy crust – so nice.

Serve it with whatever takes your fancy really. The wife likes it with cous cous, mango chutney and crunchy salad. Equally it would be good in crusty bread etc.

binners

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbQAIYzyrfA[/video]

blader1611
    Free Member

Sorry but all those recipes sound like work to me, just pop a tin of Heinz baked beans and sausages on the bbq and eat direct from the tin once hot. No washing up,no mess and everything a growing boy needs.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

my one nice memory of living in Finsbury park

johndoh
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Get a couple of Lidl’s Ribeyes. Smear em in galic salt n pepper.
    I’m salivating at the thought.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Chicken tenderised and marinated in mango juice.

Quick, easy, low effort.

Serve with salad and stuff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tonight’s dinner is

Inch thick south African sirloin it’s been resting in olive oil garlic salt and a little Chopped chilli most of afternoon.

Once the rain goes off I’ll fire up the BBQ and make the outside of then black 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Mussels make a good starter. Literally just chuck the little beggars on there

sweepy
    Free Member

I made lamb kofte tonight, pretty quick and easy

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Swineapple.

Google it

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Inch thick south African sirloin

Two things here;
    1 – South African? I hope you’re in SA, otherwise, WTF are you doing eating South African meat when there’s such excellent beef available across the UK.
    2 – Inch thick? MTFU and get a proper steak! An inch? That’s a light snack.

Klunk
    Free Member

chicken marinated in fresh ginger, garlic, with ground cumin and coriander seeds. Does a pretty good impersonation of a “tandoori” 🙂 even though its cooked on a bbq

atlaz
    Free Member

my one nice memory of living in Finsbury park

Best ones I’ve ever had were from some dodgy looking butcher in the middle of a French council estate. I got told to go to buy them there by the butcher at the local supermarket who advised me not to buy the ones he was selling.

vickypea
    Free Member

That reminds me, it’s time I watched Withnail and I again 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/YWCnNrTVoWU[/video]

trail_rat
    Free Member

Don’t knock it till you try it flashy cooked the way the saffas at work cook it it is a very different taste to UK sourced meat and tastes excellent.

Not better not worse. Just different

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I want something's flesh’ is closed to new replies.