Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • I want some new combat pants…
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Anyone bought some fairly recently that are fairly plain but well made and comfy?

Need to be more function than form but don’t any walking bottoms with zip off legs, etc..

takisawa2

Cragghoppers Kiwis.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

These look like combat pants to me

rossi46
    Free Member

Your local Army surplus store will do the job. Around £12-18 for a pair sounds about right!

Joe

I want a pair of ripstop pants with combat pockets in any colour but camo or green. Just well made work pants which aren’t carhartt style baggy and don’t make me look like i work at blacks.

househusband

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Paramo Maui II trousers; very well made, articulated knees, plenty of pockets, ripstop, etc. But rather more than army surplus!

(Actually have a pair to sell, brand new with tags; grey 34-36W and 34leg if you’re interested.)

colournoise

Check Amazon for Dickies work trousers.

mark90
    Free Member

I tend to live in numerous pairs of crag hopper kiwis, although yesterday I was looking at some heavy cotton combat style pants in Asda. Would have bought some if I had more of a need than a whim. Have a couple of pairs of similar shorts from Asda that are a couple of years old and get plenty of wear.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I actually NEED many pairs of Original 1980’s Dutch Army combats, in a 34w32l, have cash waiting!!

larger sizes also accepted!!

Nipper99
    Free Member

plus 1 for Cragghopper Kiwi pants – much better than any pap youll get from a surplus store. Go Outdoors usually have some in a sale.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, live in kiwis. Usually picked up in the sale. Don’t think I’ve ever paid more that £25 a pair.

Some for “best”. When they get old, they become dog walking trousers, then bike fettling trousers.

sofatester
    Free Member

Cragghopper Kiwi pants – much better than any pap youll get from a surplus store

Usually picked up in the sale. Don’t think I’ve ever paid more that £25 a pair.

This.

hora
    Free Member

Househusband ygm

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OK. I think we need to straighten something out here.

THESE ARE PANTS

BUT HERE IN THE UK THESE ARE CALLED TROUSERS[/u]

😀

househusband

Househusband ygm

Ta – replied!

CountZero

If you want cheap, comfortable, well-made, with lots of pockets, then you’re looking at military surplus, which generally means camo or olive drab. Anything else is going to be a cheap knock-off, of dubious quality, or twice the price.
    I’ll go with cheap, quality, military surplus and live with the camo. In fact I like camo, it hides mucky marks.
    My own favourites are these:

Danish M-84 service trousers from flektarn.com, cost £16.85: http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dacct2na.html
    The issue combats, which have a few more features, like ankle drawstrings, and expanding knee pleats, are £20.43;
    http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/dacct1na.html
    I love mine to bits, they’re ¾-lined, perfect for winter wear, and fantastically well-made. And very comfortable.
    I’ve got the matching jacket as well, bought the jacket and two pairs of combats for £75 when they first dropped in price; before that, a jacket alone was £95, and the trousers £75!

olddog

If those y-fronts are pants – what are underpants?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I want some new combat pants…

Well you know what to do then ………!

marcus7
    Free Member

I dont what you want to pay but i bought some keela scuffers a few months ago and in comparison to the kiwis i have they appear to be in a different league, i say this because i’ve not had them long but so far so good. They dont have cargo pockets though so im not sure if they would suit. i used to be a big rohan fan but i dont rate the quality these days.

househusband

Keela Scuffers are incredible value, aren’t they!

I’m on my second pair as I wore out the first; they were my winter cycling trousers for one or two winters. And available in a long leg length, which many aren’t.

marcus7
    Free Member

With that endorsement i’m going to order some more then! 🙂

househusband

IIRC I ended up getting mine from Amazon of all places!

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Bought some sfu pants ( special forces uniform) by helikon-tex for a Rambo 80 s night, used them ever since, been great and good style with boots or trainers. Got them off flea bay.I’m normally 34 waist which is medium but I sent them back for the large which are 35-38 bit comfort with a bit more ball room !!!!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Peter Poddy – you’re right and just for clearing that up 😀

Even tho I said pants, i meant trousers. i’ve always called them combat PANTS for some reason.

Cheers, for the replies, there’s few sources to get me going there.

Budget for those that asked is about £25 but they don’t need to be technical fabric-wise so cheaper really.

meehaja
    Free Member

Get some plane green from army surplus, dye them black. Done.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘I want some new combat pants…’ is closed to new replies.