• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Zone.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • I want one of these B-)
  • Zone
    Free Member

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad99/zonecc/alchamest.jpg?t=1250197671

Sounds and looks great… they didn't make the range last year but looking good for my 2010 bike…

Zone

nonk
    Free Member

another dog pooing bike.

but nice all the same.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was looking at one in my LBS the other day. A very good looking bike, somehow. No idea why, but I like it.
    Not light enough, perhaps, but very much a great all rounder.

Kramer
    Free Member

Looks horrible and too heavy.

fadda

Swoopy for the sake of it…

shortcut

it just looks wrong!

nuke

I want one of these

but need one of these…

duckers
    Free Member

Recently got a poor review on bikeradar

chameleon78
    Free Member

A shyte looking bike! It's awful.

Zone
    Free Member

Was looking at one in my LBS the other day. A very good looking bike, somehow. No idea why, but I like it.
    Not light enough, perhaps, but very much a great all rounder.

Intersting, which LBS?

Recently got a poor review on bikeradar

link please… I can't find it.. ❓ found it…. 😆

Considering it aint out yet …you all seem to know a lot about it 🙄

I'm having ago on one in a few weeks… 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zone, Stonehenge Cycles in Salisbury.

Considering it aint out yet …you all seem to know a lot about it

Considering they'd already sold a couple and had two different models built up on the shop floor, you seem to know very little about it! 😉

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

My god that is hideous.

Zone
    Free Member

Selling well then 😀 already…..?

😉

JxL
    Free Member

not my cup of tea….

CountZero

Looks like it ought to be in an HR Geiger pic. Too swoopy, curves just for the sake of it rather than where they'd be effective. That's just not very good looking, much too over-designed. Specialized are doing the same thing, and they're kinda ugly, too. Just 'cos you can do something, doesn't mean you have to do it. Think Bauhaus: Design For Function, not design for the sake of it.

RealMan
    Free Member

oh my god someone kill it please before it does any more harm..

my eyes…

Zone
    Free Member

I like the look of it… I really do… I don't get whats that wrong about how it looks…. it all just seems to be shitting dogs and what ever else is the thing to say at the moment… but opinions are valid if they are owned or borrowed. 😀

25 ilbs for full sus aint a crime for cross country trail bike, ffs I remember when a hardtail at 24 was considered light…

I'm thinking of it as a comfort zone to keep me riding before my spine packs up, the only thing that keeps me riding these days is keeping riding. This is a compromise… in some ways. and before anyone says it it's not a bike for a pensioner… 🙂

I don't need more than a 100mm of travel for the riding I mainly do and I've been told they climb well.

so I think it's a great bike… and I just think I could ride all day on it.

2hottie
    Free Member

What Mountain Bike gave it around 2.5 stars out of 5! I think it looks dump.

darrell
    Free Member

ming-a-ding

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I_Ache
    Free Member

The reason What MTB and bike radar dont like it is because it has RS forks on it if it had fox forks they would love it.

I read a review not so long ago where they had gone from bumming comencal with fox forks on to saying they were rubbish. They didnt go so far as to say it was because of the forks but they said they didnt like the forks. All the RS forked bikes in the test got rubbish results and the fox ones great. One of the bikes was a 'dale moto with lyriks and red bars What MTB said it was poo Singletrack loved it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I hope it looks better in the flesh….

And I mainly like the new Marins, too.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Not a pretty looking bike IMHO, but I'm not the biggest Marin fan anyway. Are you going to have one for yourself then Zone?

beaker

I can't help but feel it looks a little retro. It looks like an old school full sus but I can't think which one.

Zone
    Free Member

I think I'm booking a demo if they have got one.. Got to be worth it… £25 for whole weekends use????

And if I buy one… I get the £25 back 😀

As for the reviews…. The 2.5 seems almost like a typo when you read the rest… I'm struggling with it… 😕

What bikes would everyone sit it against that are not an out and out cc(29er 🙂 ) race bike?
    cos I just think it's a "mountain bike" that seems to have a rudimentary elements ,even as modern that it's design seems.
    I think maybe the mags just aren't getting…??? and this could end up as long term classic… dog pooing or not 🙂

It wouldn't be the first time something has been slated to then become a grower and then a classic… I'm sure it will have it's fans.

Anyone ridden one? other than a reviewer 🙄

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘I want one of these B-)’ is closed to new replies.