• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by igm.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • i tunes/ i pod question
  • flip
    Free Member

Ok, i've got my i tunes library on my laptop and my i pod is sync'd to it, i've now got a new PC, how do i transfer my i tunes library to my new computer.

Help!!

nickc

back-up to disc.

fubar
    Free Member

[This used to work – Not sure if it is still possible…]
    If your iPod can be seen as a hard disk so you browse it on your computer you can drag the numbered folders from the iPod (containing the music) and drop into your new itunes libary (assume only if unprotected) and it will import the music.

You can use 3rd part iPod backup software to copy music off an iPod – I understand 'MediaMonkey' will do this but there are others just google (I've only ever used my drag and drop method but it was some time ago)

p.s. if you have a dvd burner easiest way is, as above, to simply burn your iTunes library/directory to a DVD and then add it back to the new iTunes

igm

My collection is a little large for a single DVD so, if the other funbar way don't work…

Get a large (ish) USB hard drive. Go into the iTunes music on your laptop and drag and drop onto your USB hard drive.

Wait

Make coffee

Have beer

Take USB drive which may now have finished and tell iTunes on your new PC to import it.

Wait a while again.

Of course if you have one of those fancy eSATA drives it might be a sight faster.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘i tunes/ i pod question’ is closed to new replies.