Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • i tunes help please
  • Vortexracing

Daughters PC has gone belly up and the C drive has lost all of it’s data.

I’ve got it all sorted but want to reinstall all the purchases from i tunes that we have already purchased.

anybody got any idea how I can do this?

Ta

Dave

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

On the side bar where all the playlists and stuff are, there should be a section saying purchased under a heading of store.

From there i believe it talks you through what to do.

Smarty
    Free Member

Good luck! This happened to me last year and what was said to me by itunes was that purchases are only available to download ONCE. As you have already downloaded them once that’s it. I lost loads of stuff. I did argue that they have a list of what I have purchased so where’s the problem in letting me download it again. I back up to external HDD now so I’ll still have everything if it happens again.
    Unless they’ve changed their policy I’d say you’re screwed.

nickc

From all the back up discs you made as you bought stuff?

you did make back up discs, right?

Vortexracing

you did make back up discs, right?

of course I did(n’t) 😳

but I will from now on.

Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!

cnud
    Free Member

Hey smarty, sorry for the noob question but how do you back up your iTunes purchases externally?

nickc

From itunes menu: File >library > backup to disc > stick disc in….

Smarty
    Free Member

cnud, I think when itunes installed it created a destination folder for the files to be stored. I’m a fair nooooob myself so I would have just clicked ok to the default location which on my comp is
    C:/users/smarty/music/itunes/itunes media/music
    I just copy the contents of that music folder onto the external HDD
    Just the same as with photos and documents etc…You just need to find the folder on your comp with the files in it, simples

neilp
    Free Member

You can download third party software that will allow you to copy all items on your ipod back onto your itunes on the computer, i’ve done it twice, a bit fiddly but if you follow the instructions it works a treat! Check out http://www.ilounge.com/ and go to the forums, full of very useful info!

Hope this helps!

cnud
    Free Member

Thanks for that people

bruneep
    Drac

Try a plead with Apple saying your HD has died some people have had success with being allowed to download again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘i tunes help please’ is closed to new replies.