Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I thought
  • emsz
    Free Member

We weren’t doing A&A threads any more.

wwaswas

me too.

Maybe the moderators are all off early today?

iDave
    Free Member

we’re not, we’re here doing this thread instead

scaredypants

don’t think it was banned, just grown-out-of ??

RealMan
    Free Member

Tiger6791

oh god what have I done….

Still in The Rules

The Kylie/A&A Clause

There has developed a tradition on STW of ‘Friday Kylie’. Each Friday pictures of the diminutive southern hemispheric Kylie Minogue are often posted purely for harmless end of week fun.

This has recently spawned into A&A (Aesthetic & Athletic) to celebrate the male/female form in sport.

As long as no one is offended by this ‘tradition’ we see no problem with letting it continue as long as all other guidelines and rules are strictly adhered to. If you do find this tradition to be offensive or distasteful then please email us at moderator@singletrackworld.com (or just click the ‘report this post’ link on the post in question). The Kylie Clause is only allowed as we assume that it is considered harmless by the majority of users of the forum. We will not know any different unless you make us aware of your feelings.

donsimon
    Free Member

How could anyone find either pictures of Kylie or athletes (in working clothes) offensive or distasteful? I accept jazz lads mags photos are too much for a family forum, athletes doing what they can be seen doing on any Saturday afternoon….
    Shame some people had to spoil it. 😥

mmb
    Free Member

can’t see why anyone would see such pictures as a problem seeing as they’re plastered everywhere you go anyway such as buses/bus stops/billboards etc if they’re not offensive to the general public and are fit for viewing on the local high st then they are fit for viewing on the internet unless of course you happen to be a jealous fugly womens lib type freak who can’t handle it.

mmb
    Free Member

sorry double post! but it’s worth saying twice because it’s true.

aleigh
    Free Member

I started a Friday Sexy Bloke thread last year and it got closed because some blokes complained………go figure! 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

I think there are some people who aren’t happy unless they’re complaining about something. 😕

nicko74

We felt threatened aleigh, as we clearly couldn’t live up to the ideals being posted by the women!! 🙁

This, however, has no implications whatsoever for posting pictures of women, so we should of course be allowed to continue posting pictures of unrealistically attractivewomen in a state of undress pouting as if to say ‘I’m hungry for socially inadequate bike geeks; that means YOU’.

That hopefully clears it up?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That’s because the majority of blokes on here are overweight, socially-inadequate bike geeks Aleigh!

I tend to resemble that – apart from the overweight bit!

mmb
    Free Member

aliegh, i have no problem with these threads, if the ladies want some of their own pics etc on here i say good for them, if some of the guys can’t handle it then i think they’re probably jealous fugly freaks too!

mmb
    Free Member

is it me or is this site playing up again? i’m only pressing the button once but i keep getting double posts.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

now i don’t care either way whether the A&A threads happen or not, however one thing i would point out in defence of it is that CFH always made it very clear that both male and female sportspeople were to be included in the posts within.

mmb
    Free Member

that’s fair enough.

molgrips
    Free Member

can’t see why anyone would see such pictures as a problem

People used to say stuff like that about smoking, now we realise how minging and inconsiderate it is. Yes, photos of scantily clad women are everywhere, but that doesn’t mean it needs to be here does it? You may find it harmelss, others may not.

The moderators make the rules, you come here and agree to stick to ’em. It’s not a democracy.

However, in respect to A&A threads on here, I agree with the mods. Culturally there’s a line between attractive portraits and smut.

Admiralable
    Free Member

I though A&A threads had both male and females in them. Whereas Kylie is just the sexy antipodeon 🙂 Which is always good 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

EDIT: I can’t be bothered. Some people are broad minded, others not, some who embrace art and others who try to stifle it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am on your side emsz

I think its distasteful puerile and childish

I had hoped it had died a death. I may have to be a saboteur

emsz
    Free Member

Shame some people had to spoil it.

how exactly? I haven’t asked that people stop putting pictures up, the threads still there. Just because I asked the question you feel that threatened?

unless of course you happen to be a jealous fugly womens lib type freak who can’t handle it.

🙄 you forgot to mention hormones or my period….

I think there are some people who aren’t happy unless they’re complaining about something.

I’m just asking the question, that’s all. I didn’t comment on the thread itself, I’ve not expressed an opinion about it at all.

mogrim

I am on your side emsz

I think its distasteful puerile and childish

I think it’s pointless, there’re loads of better sites on t’net for scantily clad women. Or men. Whatever floats your boat.

Mind, the fact that adults enjoy looking at scantily clad members of the opposite (or not) sex strikes me as perfectly normal and harmless, pretending that it’s “puerile” or “childish” is ignoring the difference between a child and an adult, and completely ignoring human nature.

donsimon
    Free Member

Chill emsz, my comments weren’t directed at you. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mogrim – its about context.

It would be fine on FHMworld. I find it basically unpleasant – not the pictures but the juvenile slobbering over them

I hate the FHM world and the unpleasant misogyny it represents

emsz – I’ll make a pact with you – we will both sabotage these threads in the future

I find pictures of a sweaty Beth Ditto work well

druidh
    Free Member

Until I read this thread, it had completely slipped my notice that someone had started an A&A thread. I suspect that by starting this thread, more folk will now go looking for it and will possibly post on it, raising it from page 3 to page 1 of the forum.

If that was you intention emsz, well done.

trailmonkey

The A&A and Kylie threads always seemed a bit pointless to me. Put Kylie/Alison Stokke/Emily Batty into google images and take your pic, don’t relly need to slow the STW server down with it.

poppa
    Free Member

The bikeradar team are promoting the Cyclepassion calendar too. Burn them.

Fresh Goods

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I thought’ is closed to new replies.