Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • I think my neighbour is growing weed
  • whippersnapper
    Free Member

“laws are laws and crime is crime……. “

oooh, that man is driving down the motorway at 78mph, better grass him up.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL! Top response, whipper!

hilldodger; growing Weed is hardly in the same league as noncing kids, is it?

I’m not sure of recent figures, but something like 80% of all drug offences were for Cannabis. So most of the resources for tackling drug crime were directed toward Cannabis production, selling and use.

When Brixton police trailed a scheme to ‘turn a blind eye’ to Cannabis, they achieved a lot more success in tackling crime around harder drugs. Cannabis was downgraded in classification, but has since been re-classified.

TBh, the main reason Cannabis is outlawed, is economic. Alcohol is taxed, and therefore good for the Treasury. Alcohol production, for commercial use, is actually not that easy, whereas growing Cannabis is, relatively. So, loads more people could secretly grow a bit of weed, and not pay tax, even if it were legal. Much harder to enforce laws.

Yes, it’s against the Law, but so are certain sexual activities between a heterosexual consenting couple…

bomberman
    Free Member

Midlifecrashes, was your house-to-let on Hartley Grove in leeds?

richc
    Free Member

RB are you saying that the scientists and physiologists are all wrong, and you are right because you and your mates have smoked a bit and not gone mental?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I think most of these studies end up by saying the negative effects are most apparent in those with a tendancy towards mental issues anyway, such as depression. The weed just brings it on quicker. Those without mental issues can get away with it fine(ish), albeit the weed hangover the next day, general lethagy, dying lungs, etc etc cough cough can’t be arsed anymore….

richc
    Free Member

Yep, thing is without the trigger the people can live perfectly normal lives without sending their life down the toilet.

I not anti weed god knows I have smoked enough in the past, but I am not stupid (or arrogant) enough to think its without side effects.

kimbers

as i understand it the govmnt are setting up a cross party comitee to discuss legalisation and taxation of drugs

its obvious that prohibition wil never work

only the fear of daily mail readers anger will stop politicians from having the testicular fortitude to make that step

weed can be very bad for some people, if you are geneticaly predisposed towads mental health issues you should really steer clear,
    for the majority of people its fine, in moderation

RudeBoy
    Free Member

richc-Yes. 🙄

Whippersnapper’s post explains things well.

Most of those I know who puff a bit of Weed, do not have any noticable mental health issues; certainly such issues would not be caused by the Weed itself. The same with booze; most people I know who drink, are not alcoholics. However, I have seen people suffer with depression, and use alcohol, and the effects are far worse than if they’d just used Cannabis. Eg; smashing yer flat up in a drunken rage, assaulting others and ending up in a puddle of yer own sick, tend not to be too common with Cannabis use. And people on an alcohol binge tend to deteriorate quite rapidly, whereas the decline with the Cannabis user is more gradual, and easier to stop the slide.

Cannabis is not as dangerous a drug as alcohol, full stop. That is not to deny it’s negative effect on some individuals. Excessive use can lead to paranoid delusions, psychosis etc.

So, grassing up someone for growing a bit of weed, is OTT, in my onion.

You want a crusade? Get the alcohol producers to stop making the stuff, if you’re that concerned.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Kimbers- ‘testicular fortitude’! Brilliant! Mind if I use that one?

richc
    Free Member

The thing is, anyone know of anyone who has been tested to see if they ‘genetically predisposed towards mental health issues’?

I know I haven’t, and if you are talking about family history of mental health? (which you would be if you are looking for genetic links) does depression count as a mental health issue? as an awful lot of people are prescribed Prozac.

edit: btw I agree with you about booze being as destructive as cannabis, however doesn’t make an awful lot of sense to legalize one drug because another is just as bad.

woodey
    Free Member

“I not anti weed god knows I have smoked enough in the past, but I am not stupid (or arrogant) enough to think its without side effects. “

Very true, but no more so than alcohol……

enfht
    Free Member

0800 555 111 – Crimestoppers. and if there is a positive outcome you may get a reward. Guaranteed anonymous.

F*ck me thats a bit underhanded aint it? Hope you’re never my neighbour (and no I dont grow myself anymore)

OK, the fire hazard point is revelant, but not every “closet gardener” is a complete numpty and ringing the fuzz may just get the poor guy in deep trouble for gowing a bit of “personal”

If you can, speak to the guy, if he only speaks vietnamese then I’d be worried. Dont expect a grower to welcome you into his secret lair to show you his stash, but given you’ve taken the time to speak to him he’ll know you aint a b*stard and should be willing to lay your mind at rest regarding the electrics. But that said, 9 our of 10 growers wouldnt be able to sleep knowing their neighbour has clocked onto whats they’ve been trying to keep secret.

And you should be able to guage what the set up is from the ventalation they’re using.

Dont shop him though IMO

RudeBoy
    Free Member

When I was a yute, most kids smoked a bit of dope. Some dabbled in alcohol, one or two with Smack and Crack. Quite a few of us occasionally did Speed, Ecstasy, Acid, Ketamine, etc. Some got into a bit of Coke.

Of all of those, most are pretty clean-living, might puff the odd joint, have a drink now and then, whatever. One or two have been on the Gear, one or two still are. A couple have struggled with a bit of a Coke problem,

The worst addictions I have seen, of that group, are with Heroin, Crack, Cocaine and Alcohol. I have known people who have died as a result of Alcohol and Heroin/Crack.

Most of the ‘Pot-heads’ have grown out of it, tbh. I certainly don’t know many that still pop E’s, or the odd tab.

All driugs are bad, M’kay, but some are badderer than others.

And Cannabis isn’t one of the badderer ones.

richc
    Free Member

BTW I am stirring here a bit, I don’t give a monkey’s if they legalise cannabis. Not that it would every happen due to the point kimbers made. Its just the myth that its harmless makes me laugh.

Anyway back to the BS, so following the logic we have on this thread, if a drug does less or an equal amount of damage as alcohol it should be legalised? If so, that qualifies Heroin and Opium for legalisation as well.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

…..is it definitely skunk you can smell by the way, not sure that bridge was ever crossed. Weed has many different smells and I should imagine it varies between people’s sense of smell. Myself I’ve smelt stuff that smells really nice, a good proper weedy smell (that’s not a good analogy is it) to others that have smelt rank, a bit like mold or urine (there the badderer ones). Even the smell of a lit marlboro light can smell like a joint to me. You sure it isn’t some sort of dampness in your cellar before you go and have a word with the neighbour. If you do though, please let us know how much the ounce is.

evilweed
    Free Member

I had to register on this forum to actually register to RUDEBOY that you are a completely wrong when you mention some of the sh#t you are about it doesn’t harm and it’s basically a soft drug.

I work with people that have experienced full blown illnesses resulting from smoking weed, whether it’s skunk or not.
    It ruins lives and if you want to have a chat about it then ”pm” me if you can through this website.

The question is RUDEBOY is do you live in the real world (obviously not that’s why you don’t take a concerned view or despise illicit drugs)

”Blimey, richc; do you actually live in the real world”

This is also an unfair comment as the police have every right to know about this sort of thing and the more the police rape their stash and cash then the more it demoralises the cannabis farms/dealers from pushing that sh#t on young people.

I have seen as young as 13year olds smoke it when I was a teenager and that the young folk’s brains have not developed yet so it damages their brain for life.

My god though, if you were spouting that sort of crap round me, I’d mnost certainly have to put you on the back foot.

It’s absolute f#ckw#ts like you in the house of commons who definitely do not live in the real world that make this stuff a lower class than any other illicit drug, god knows why they are all very damaging.

As a result of this, it’s awefull to see and know of young people that have experienced mental illness to such devastating affect.

I have seen alot of yoru posts rudeboy and have come to a wise conclusion that you don’t have a clue and make posts that make you look like a right tool.

Same goes for the rest of you that think like him/her – do some proper research first into what’s really happening to people out there in the UK and beyond from being pushed to use drugs.

Some food for thought.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I have seen alot of yoru posts rudeboy and have come to a wise conclusion that you don’t have a clue and make posts that make you look like a right tool.

You know what makes me really laugh?

The fact that you read them!!!!

1-0 to RudeBoy…

Where did I actually say that Cannabis is ‘harmless’? Eh? Eh?

That is not to deny it’s negative effect on some individuals. Excessive use can lead to paranoid delusions, psychosis etc.

Do you actually manage to read my posts, or is that Red Mist too thick to actually see through?

Strong Skunk is not good for the brain, over time. And should be taken with a lot more moderation than ‘normal’ weed. Christ, I’ve had some right funny turns on that stuff!

I’d say LSD is probably a bit more worrying on that score, mind, but you don’t do Acid every day!

But I’ve known people with liver damage due to excessive alcohol use. One mate of mine died, from alcohol-related diseases. He was only about 21. I’ve known people die from Heroin and Crack use, As I stated earlier. Last year, a mate of mine had a heart-attack following a binge involving Heroin and God knows what else. 29 years old.

I’ve known people who’ve been admitted to secure psychiatric units; Cannabis use may possible have been a contributory factor, as have the other drugs they have been using.

I’ve never, ever known anyone who uses a ‘moderate’ amount of Cannabis, to suffer any noticable damaging effects. Sure, people get depressed, but I’ve known plenty of non-drug-users who’ve suffered depression etc. People hooked on Valium, who’ve never smoked a spliff in their lives.

Do I live in the ‘real’ World?

No, I live in a construct of my own imagination…

Must have been all that dope I 😉 smoked….

nickc

TBh, the main reason Cannabis is outlawed, is economic.

No, the main reason it’s outlawed is because it is an illegal drug. As a society we can barely cope with the effects of the legalised drugs we have now, I don’t think adding to that would have a good outcome. Now, I don’t think our laws regarding drugs are realistic, or balanced, but legalising cannabis is certainly not the answer.

In fact most Police forces understand full well the difference to a bit grown for personal, and a factory. Let them decide.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh, and as for the ‘discouraging crime’ thing; it’s actually a lot easier to transport Heroin and Cocaine, far more profitable, and you don’t need to set up special premises or equipment. I wonder how much Gear is being shifted, out of leafy, affluent suburbs..

So, the Police stop all Cannabis production/distribution- the kids turn to other things instead…

richc
    Free Member

What do you count as moderate and heavy use RB? as what one person considers to be high usage is another persons moderate*.

* for example, I went to Canada in the summer, and there were some Americans in the group and one of them considered himself to be a moderate smoker, however after 2 days he was asking the kids in the town for weed because he fancied a smoke (not that he needed it, just wanted one) and after he scored he would have a joint over the duration of a ride + 1 for breakfast and 3 or 4 at night. To me that doesn’t seem that moderate but to him it was.

hilldodger
    Free Member

the kids turn to other things instead…

Not if they got a darn good noncing first they wouldn’t – put ’em on the straight an narrer propper good innit bwoy…….

spokeydokey
    Free Member

no chance of grassing him up (it was a play on words and certainly not a serious statement!). he’s a really nice chap and always polite, always out in a suit to go to work at around 745am so sure its more a few plants for personal more than a career!
    agree that if it was a serious operation he would have taken more precautions!
    live and let live indeed – there are worse things to worry about.
    He’s an adult and sure he knows the consequences of his actions (growing AND inhaling!) so good on him.
    Would be a hypocrite to get all Daily Mail about it given that it wasnt long ago that I use to love getting stoned. Truth of the matter is though is that it made me too lethargic (sp) and did make me spin out at times (never did at university but thats only because all you could get was red/gold seal or bad grass), plus with kids on the way it seemed like a good time to make a clean break!
    Overdoing anything is ‘bad’ for you.
    I do subscribe to the ‘cannabis is a route to harder drugs’ theory, but I also prescribe that fags are a route to smoking weed theory as well. Humans like altering their mental state, be it though drugs or (probably more pertinant to this forum), adrenalin / endorphins!

richc
    Free Member

Oi, enough of the sensible posting! this is STW! you need to add some ranty bullshit to your post or no one will take you seriously.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yay! Common sense and sensitivity prevail!

richc- I’d consider ‘moderation’ as doing something in such a way that it wont impinge on your day-to day life and responsibilities. I compare spliffs to bottles/cans of beer/glasses of wine etc. Maybe one or two a day/ every few days is ok, but maybe 6-7 aday is a bit much. Spose it depends on the invididual, and all that.

As for ‘Cannabis is a route to harder drugs’, well, I think that’s true, to a certain extent. Kids can be exposed to other drugs by the same individuals who are selling them the grass, that’s fo’ sho’. and we were always looking for the ‘next buzz’. But I, and most people I knew, never ended up on Crack or Smack, selling my arse to buy me next fix…(it was my addiction to Gambling, that led to that).

hilldoger- I’m actually quite frightened… 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont think you will find a drug worker who does not try to minimise harm in any drug user be it alcohol, tobacco, cannabis.
    On the grand scheme of things – drugs legal or otherwise – in terms of deaths cannabis is the least likely to kill you. Some people who use it get mental health issues, some people who use alcohol get mental health issues, some people who ride mtb get mental health issues are they triggers – we are not sure but smoking it is probably more risky to your mental health than not smoking it ( it may bethat people with a predidposition to mental healthissues are more likely to smoke though THERE IS NO CAUSALITY)
    EVil weed your anti view is just as biased as the pro lobby

It’s absolute f#ckw#ts like you in the house of commons who definitely do not live in the real world that make this stuff a lower class than any other illicit drug, god knows why they are all very damaging.

It was a medical committee that recommeneded it remained classified as a Class C drug but parliament who ignored their advice and reclassidfied it as a Class B drug .. perhaps you should check your facts first.

I have seen as young as 13year olds smoke it when I was a teenager and that the young folk’s brains have not developed yet so it damages their brain for life.

YOu realy ought to let the doctors know about that they would be fasicinated to read the independent research that substantiates that statment (technically your brain is never fully developed or you would no longer be capable of learning but that is for another da)
    The only real point is Drugs rarely help individuals and some get in to trouble and some do not , most of us drink – most of do not become alcoholics…most of eat most of do not become obese most of us have gambled most of us do not have an issue with gambling destroying our lives .. 50 % of the uk population have smoked cannabis 50 % do not become mentally ill the increased used of cannabis has not increased the overall rate of mental illness… get it yet evilweed? If you do work in this field please name the organisation
    No one actually belives the stepping stone theory as the % that have done cannabis does not in any way match the figures who have done hard drugs. Do you think there is aheroin user out ther ewho hasnever smoked fags, taken alcohol or drunk coffee are any of these gateway drugs?

woodey
    Free Member

hmmm, evilweed must have popped out for a spliff…..

hilldodger
    Free Member

hilldoger- I’m actually quite frightened…

“We know who you are and we know where you live” mwah ha hah hah…….

enfht
    Free Member

I started drinking beer and now I’m on Meths

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice load of bollox from eveil weed.

FRom what I know – and I have some expereince.

Weed
    there is a link with metal illness but no one knows what it is. Trigger, syptom or cause.

Definitely bad for your respiratory system, probable carcinogen, possible mutagen ( harms foetuses)

Absolutely no evidence of graduation to other drugs. Other than the way that every alcoholic started with an occasional drink. Modern skunk is stronger but not much stronger than it used to be.

Used by milions of people with little actual harm to their lives.

richc
    Free Member

TJ in full of shit shocker. Do you get bored of being wrong Jeremy?

evilweed
    Free Member

”It was a medical committee that recommeneded it remained classified as a Class C drug but parliament who ignored their advice and reclassidfied it as a Class B drug .. perhaps you should check your facts first.”

I did actually read that the other week on a website but must have forgotten due to inhaling too much of rudeboys funnyfags.

I had to rush that first post as some people actually work, unlike most (it seems) of stw.com who are supposedly working then complain of work shy lazy scum of the Uk when infact they are sitting at work ”supposedly” typing into this forum chatting sh#t all day long.

Of course it’s a contributory factor to those pre-disposed to mental health problems and that I have seen the so called ”statistics” that support this.

Just seems if ”we” as a collective of people do not do anything about these drug dealers and producers then the majority of young people will be **** in the near future just like ”we” as a nation of the Uk are being overtaken with immigrants and foreigners.

Slight tangent there but in response to original thread/post, – people need to take positive action in fighting drugs/drug use even if it’s only a bit for own consumption.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

“Just seems if ”we” as a collective of people do not do anything about these drug dealers and producers then the majority of young people will be **** in the near future just like ”we” as a nation of the Uk are being overtaken with immigrants and foreigners”

oh deary deary dear…….

evilweed
    Free Member

”oh deary deary dear……. ”

Well! it’s bloody true and you’ll be eating your words when the sh#t hits the fan in a big way and we will be swamped with an epidemic of ruined lives, and don’t even get me started on people that can’t stay in their own country and make do of the situation like us Uk brits have too (you know the ones I’m talking about).

Junkyard
    Free Member

calling moderator calling moderator surprise surprise another stupid ignorant racist
    Mr weed you might want to go
    here

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

evilweed
    Free Member

”calling moderator calling moderator surprise surprise another stupid ignorant racist”

stupid, no, ignorant no, racist, well if you like to think of me like that then that’s your choice but I don’t hate a man/woman for being a ****, black, poll, czech, whatever.

It’s better if they work but the fact that they steal our jobs is going a bit far, to sponge off are system when the system is struggling at such a crucial point in the economic downturn of this country is taking the piss.

I am merely waking upto the fact that we as a nation are becoming over ridden by them.

I guess that if we had real people in power postition such as those not like Gordon Brown who don’t live int he real world then we wouldn’t have this problem but then you just proved the exception to the rule ”Junkyard”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dear Mr weedyEvil
    I am sorry your rant is so poorly written (especially the last bit) I can only get your anger towards your fellow man, your hatred of others not like you and not from here (wherever that is)and your gross stupidity … Did I miss something ?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

evilweed- tbh, I think you had some good points, re the potential/reality of mental illnesses being exacerbated by excessive use of Cannabis. And you’ll notice that I mentioned this several times.

I do think that you’ve sadly let yourself down, by resorting to insults, and then revealing your deep-set prejudice for others.

I’d rather be a ****, than someone eaten up with hate and fear.

But anyway, I think all sensible arguments have been made, and the OP has decided to act in the right way, imo.

I’m just sad things descended to this.

el_boufador

Brilliant!

MrNutt
    Free Member

speaking from a position of extensive recreational drug experience and now sobriety I’d point out:

alcohol is the most destructive, pervasive, socially acceptable and escalatory drug.

society is a grand exercise in hypocrisy.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘I think my neighbour is growing weed’ is closed to new replies.