Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I think it's worth…… (see what I did there?)
  • tthew

New bike on order, so it's time for the old one to go. It's 3 1/2 years old, Decathlon Rockrider and –
    Reba Race forks
    Shimano gears and brakes, mix of LX, XT mech SLX cranks.
    Mavic 317's with no brand (but sealed bearing) hubs.
    Alloy frame.
    Weighs about 23lbs from memory and whilst not in great cosmetic nick, is mechanically sound.

Would £250 sound fair? Was £700 new.

Mike
    Free Member

Sounds about right, what size is it as it could be ideal for my mate looking for a cheap/half decent bike…

Elmo
    Free Member

MMM trying to get the g'friend onto a bike-but want one i can ride too!

What size is it?
    Take it your taking the pedals off too?
    Reckon £200 sounds more fair!

Elmo
    Free Member

Dam, Mikes quick!

dmiller
    Free Member

If the forks are in good nick then £250 to £300 sounds fair…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I very much doubt its 23lbs.

odannyboy
    Free Member

as you can see people want it.
    stick on the classifieds for 300 or maybe even abit more.you may be suprised
    or ebay.

soops
    Free Member

I will take it if still available?
    Where in Cheshire are you?
    email in my profile

tthew

Yeah, pedals will be off, but I'll probably put some cheapest flats on there for any tyre kickers that come round. First refusal is to my dad, but thanks Mike and nice negotiation skills Elmo. Will let you know if that doesn't pan out.

Frame size is 18 inches. That saddle is set for my 34 inch leg and the stem is faily long so it'll probably work between 5'6" and 5'10"

edit – blimy, this is about my most popular ever thread! OK, research shows that 25lbs is probably closer to the mark. There's a very small amount of stantion wear as well, but nothing that has ever caused any air leakage and has not got worse that when it first appeared.

Elmo
    Free Member

let me know if the others don't want it could well be what she needs!

Mike
    Free Member

Cool, my pal is 5'9"…so please let me know if your dad aint interested 😉

z1ppy

£250 is too cheap, split it, you'll get £130+ for the forks, £50+ for the wheels, £50+ for the brakes… thats £250 area before you get to the gears, frame or contact points.

£300+ for the whole bike to get rid of it quick… look at the replies above, they can see a bargain when they see one (sorry guys).

Check out ebay for part prices, then throw the parts on the classifieds for a bit less, they'll sell (unless there completely knackered), or if not drop the price un till they do. Reckon you could get £400 or so (without bothering to do the math) for it in parts, though then you have the hassle of stripping it and posting the parts, your choice…

Elmo
    Free Member

z1ppy……………We don't need help like yours! 😆

RustySpanner

What are you replacing it with Matt?

If it's anything really fancy, might be worth keeping this one 'till after HTN 2. The mud's even worse in summer. 😀

Talkemada
    Free Member

They did that for £700? Bargain! That's a bloody decent bike for that sort of money, I have to say. Decathlon rocks! 🙂

Unless…

SLX has only been out for a year or two tops, no? What bits have you upgraded?

tthew

OK, bit slow on the replies here.

Replacing it with one of these RS. Can't wait!

700 quid was a right bargain at the time. Other manufacturers caught up for a while, but it looks like the prices have exploded a bit and it's back to a bargain again.

What's been upgraded – (replaced through wear or breakage would be more accurate) Truvative cranks replaced by SLX, dual control levers with proper LX shifters and brake levers. Rapid rise XT mech to XT Shadow. I've also kept up to date with chains and cassettes, decent wheel bearings (SKF) recent freehub.

chakaping
    Free Member

£300 to £325 depending on quality of frame, I'd say.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I think it's worth…… (see what I did there?)’ is closed to new replies.