Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • I think i love my new bike !
  • renton
    Free Member

I didnt go in the end as had to go into work.

Ive got a little 8.5 m loop set up around Oakwoods that I did instead.

Dont get me wrong its good at climbing, it doesnt suffer with getting hung up on roots etc like the Trance did.

Its the weight and my lack of fitness(had a chest infection) that make it a pig. Its definatley a sit and spin type of bike rather than a stand up and mash !!

roverpig

I didn’t go in the end as had to go into work.

I hate it when that happens 🙂

Its definitely a sit and spin type of bike rather than a stand up and mash !!

I pretty much never stand when climbing, which is a good thing as I tried it on the Five once. Once was enough. It’s a good workout that’s for sure 🙂

renton
    Free Member

On the plus side I’m getting out and discovering more and more trails around Oakwoods though.

There is some seriously steep stuff in there.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I think in your last statement you hit the nail on the head about haters of fives…..you can’t stand up and mash the pedals, it’s a sit and spin bike on the climbs………and great on the descents……I am sort of wishing I just had two MTBs now, a Five 29er to go with my Five 26″ AM……..the 29er for XC riding getting comfortable miles in and leave the 26″ set up for uplift days…..
    That and of course aesthetics, some folk get it, some don’t!
    I’ve got the shorts and riding Jersey too yet to get the socks 😆

renton
    Free Member

To me it feels like my old five spot did fit wise. Now Ive got the same feeling in a bike with newer geometry and tapered headtube etc.

I wouldnt class the 5 29er as an xc rig though !!

Goldigger
    Free Member

I find standing up and climbing fine on my 5…to me it almost feels like a hardtail compared to my anthem..
    Maybe it’s just the CCDB CS that makes climbing and standing not an issue.
    I don’t always use the CS switch as I just forget about it..

rickon
    Free Member

am sort of wishing I just had two MTBs now, a Five 29er to go with my Five 26″ AM……..the 29er for XC riding getting comfortable miles in and leave the 26″ set up for uplift days…..

That’s not right. The five29 is a monster truck, amazing for uplift days. The five would be better for Xc days out.

Unless you’re thinking if the Segment, which would be ideal for Xc riding.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘I think i love my new bike !’ is closed to new replies.