• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • I think I just did a little wee. WANT.
  • nbt

https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Electric-Bikes-UK-Dealer/Hard-Tail-eBikes/Moustache-Samedi-Tandem-Bosch-Electric-Bike-2018

Tandem. e-Bike. Big forks. Big tyres

Moustache have fitted a wider 3″ tyre for ultimate traction, comfort & grip on the eTandem

honourablegeorge

Seen those 3.0 Maxxis popping up on OEM bikes… no such luck for the rest of us.

I’d feel hard done by up front while the stoker is enjoying a motor

akira

Does buying a tandem count as n+1.5?

aracer
    Free Member

Quite – I’m not getting one unless they fit a motor for the pilot.

thenorthwind

Forgive me if that was said tongue in cheek, but the motor’s coupled to the front chainset so it will still assist. You’re both (and the motor in this case) powering the same bike.

shifter
    Free Member

You are not forgiven. Please vacate the internet.

martinhutch

Yes, but it will only come on if the stoker pedals, so they can take their feet off and leave you to suffer if they want. 😀

slowoldman

Yes, but it will only come on if the stoker pedals

Will it?

nbt

that’s not quite how the timing chain works. Da Vinci did a tandem with independent stoker cranks but it’s not a common thing to seee

martinhutch

Will it?

Obviously. The motor is clearly attached to the stoker pedals. And they have two batteries. The captain has none.

🙂

jamj1974

One of the few e-bikes I would be prepared to try at this point in my life. Would be excellent to take out Mrs JAMJ on for long but fairly tame rides.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Don’t fancy lifting it over any gates

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I suggested this to Mrs M after seeing one hanging in a shop in Coulsdon. Apparently me piloting it with her stoking it, down the widow maker in turbo is a firm NO, 🙁

Aristotle
    Free Member

Faster and more comfortable:

Even more comfortable:

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think I just did a little wee.

I think it’s just your age.

jamj1974

Are you from Coulsdon, Ming?

Cougar

That’s niche even by STW standards.

belugabob
    Free Member

I suggested this to Mrs M after seeing one hanging in a shop in Coulsdon. Apparently me piloting it with her stoking it, down the widow maker in turbo is a firm NO,

Don’t you mean “Noooooooooo….!!!”

tillydog
    Free Member

Don’t fancy lifting it over any gates

alpin
    Free Member

as if 2x man power wasn’t enough….

Reinhold Messner (old skool Süd Tiorler mountain dude with a beard) said “Wir gehen eines Tages kaputt, weil wir zu faul sind, zu Fuß zu gehen.”

Basically, “one day we re going to go kaputt because we are too lazy to walk/use our own legs/power.”

…and i agree with him.

the number of young, fit and healthy 30 somethings i see charging along the river on weekends makes a little bit of me die.

was down in South Tirol a few months back and there was a group of relative youngsters riding up on ebikes. they caught the GF and i at the towards the top of a >2000ft climb. we overtook them on the way down.

but what i mean is, what happened to earning your turn?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘I think I just did a little wee. WANT.’ is closed to new replies.