Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • I think I’m going to sue Huddersfield Poly because I’m not an astronaut.
  • curto80
    Free Member

This story made me laugh.

I trained as a solicitor with this guy at one of the best law firms in the World. I remember him very clearly from my first day on 2004, and not in a good way. There were about 60 of us in the intake. About 58 of those people went on to have good careers. No-one gave a **** what you got in your degree.

binners

I’m going to sue Salford University for not delivering the monstrous sense of entitlement that I thought would accompany my degree in colouring stuff in

kormoran
    Free Member

Timewaster

It’s your parents you should be going after

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think I’m going to sue Glasgow College of Building and Printing because I am a Quantity Surveyor.

It’s shite.

wwaswas

I’m going to sue myself for arsing about at college and never going to University.

theotherjonv

I’m going to sue Durham and its University for having too many good pubs and bars in the vicinity.

curto80
    Free Member

He literally couldn’t hold a conversation with anyone. I have no idea how he got in tbh, there were 200 applicants per place or something like that.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am a Quantity Surveyor

You are Ethel the Aardvark AICMFP.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You are Ethel the Aardvark AICMFP.

Yes. Yes I am. 🙂

£500 + VAT is, I believe, the going rate.

Dickyboy

I’m going to sue Oxford university for giving my dad an unbearable superiority complex

DezB
    Free Member

I’m gonna sue my band mate from 1982 for getting me into playing music and dropping out of my college course. I coulda bin a rich civil engineer by now!

IHN

I’m going to sue Marcus off of here for distracting me in A-level maths, thus causing me to fail it, this causing me to lose my place at Loughborough Uni studying Automotive Engineering, instead having to go to the second choice of Coventry ‘University’ instead, which I obviously left after a couple of months because Coventry is a dump, the consequence of which is that I look after a financial services website for a living rather than design Ferraris.

doris5000

I’m going to sue Salford University for not delivering the monstrous sense of entitlement that I thought would accompany my degree in colouring stuff in

In Salford, university sues you….

my mate (student rep for his year) wrote a letter to the course leaders in our department at Salford (music tech) complaining that the facilities weren’t up to scratch and enclosing a petition from students. Their response was to threaten him with legal action 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

I suspect all the fuss and fumble in the courts will be how to take this case seriously and providing a reasoned explaination whilst keeping a straight face for the media interest.

DezB
    Free Member

@curto80 – have you been called to give evidence? You should!

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely his case is weakened by the other people on his course who got good degrees?

But then I suppose he’s not much of a lawyer is he?

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I also graduated in 2000 with a 2:1 BA(Hons) History (albeit from Brunel not Oxford).

I think I will sue just because it has been very little help in my 17 year career in IT, just what were they thinking when they signed me up? And as for my lecturer encouraging me to write my disseratation on the use of atomic weapons in 1945… I think I might have PTSD from reading some of the first hand accounts. That must be worth a few more quid, right?

Now if only I could find a shady out of work lawyer to take my case…

ChrisL

I have no-one to blame but myself for the state of my life and career. If I sued myself I wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.

Kahurangi

I have no idea how he got in tbh, there were 200 applicants per place or something like that.

An Oxford degree will open many doors and will make people think “well this guys seems to be a complete twit, but he has an Oxford degree, so there must be something about them”

kelron
    Free Member

I’m suing Lincoln for letting me skip all my lectures.

tomhoward

‘So, Mr Siddiqui, who is our opponent in this case?’

‘Well, you know the best legal minds in the country?’

‘Oh, bloody hell, sounds tough!’

‘Yeah, it’s not them’

‘Phew!’

‘It’s the people who taught them everything they know… why have you fainted?’

*comes round* ‘and uhr, why are we suing them?’

‘They didn’t think I was clever enough for a first’

‘No shit…’

crankboy
    Free Member

He might well have a case that the teaching was sub standard, half the tutors were on sabbatical, of his group everyone did badly in the subject he complains of.
    But he has had all the opportunities and blown them including a magic circle job as said above, if a minor knock back in grade at uni sets him in such a funk he messes up everything there after, there his no way he would survive for 30 mins at the Bar where a week without a judicial/client/peer kick in the nuts is a week where you were either not following what was being said or on holiday.

snownrock

DezB – Member
    I’m gonna sue my band mate from 1982 for getting me into playing music and dropping out of my college course. I coulda bin a rich civil engineer by now!

FTFY, no such thing as a rich civil engineer

ads678

If wanted a career in law, why was he doing a modern history course??

snownrock

Double post

atlaz
    Free Member

I went to uni to study software engineering. One of the mature students barely scraped through every set of exams and managed (just) to get a pass in the end.

Fast forward 6 months and he was featured in Computer Weekly (wonder if that still exists in print) as one of the lead trainers for Sun Microsystems in Europe. I always wondered if their standards were incredibly low or he just wasn’t suited to study.

curto80
    Free Member

@ads678 nothing wrong with that at all. His choice of degree really wasn’t the issue.

RustySpanner

We’ve got a rug like that.

willard

if a minor knock back in grade at uni sets him in such a funk he messes up everything there after,

I tell myself that every time I think back to the ‘pass’ I got in Applied Biochemistry and how it helps me in my career in IT Security.

I’m 40+ now and my degree is playing an increasingly small part of my life. Truth be told, I’ve not used it more than as pub quiz fodder since I graduated.

scuttler

There were about 60 of us in the intake. About 58 of those people went on to have good careers

Self-deprecation of the highest order.

And once again STW delivers by getting to the heart of the story with a bloke who entered the post-graduation work place with him. Mint! Maybe you should keep your head down on the off chance he gets his cash.

ads678

@ads678 nothing wrong with that at all. His choice of degree really wasn’t the issue.

Just thought studying law would be more helpful.

curto80
    Free Member

Nah it’s not really relevant tbh

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Nah it’s not really relevant tbh

As we know from several STW threads. That’ll be £500 +VAT please 😀

DezB
    Free Member

FTFY, no such thing as a rich civil engineer

I know this.. but they earn a damn site more than me 😉

drlex
    Free Member

Wonder what he got in his Law Diploma? Will he be suing London Met. (formerly City Poly) for another disappointing upper second?
    (Agree with crankboy – my own experience was that I was too lazy for the Bar, and career became a verb rather than a noun.)

curto80
    Free Member

One thing Faiz was famous for was deliberately turning up for work 3 hours late one day because he thought his boss was away. When he found her sitting at her desk like usual, instead of apologising he said “what the hell are you doing here?”. The guy was a legend.

curto80
    Free Member

Oh I think it was also him who as a trainee solicitor refused on principle to do anything he was asked by any lawyer who happened to also be female.

senorj

I’m taking legal action against my self and all of my secondary schools.
    Especially the one that told all the boys to apply for apprenticeships.
    Curto-do you have his contact details? he could be the man to take on my cases..
    Ha.

martinhutch

Maybe you should keep your head down on the off chance he gets his cash.

I imagine Curto80 has seen enough of him in action to be relaxed about his chances of getting a defamation action to stick, especially if he represents himself. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I think I’m going to sue Huddersfield Poly because I’m not an astronaut.’ is closed to new replies.