Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I-spec B and Hope compatability?
  • martinkiely
    Free Member

Morning all – bit of a dilemma I’m hoping for some clarity on if anyone else has had a similar issue? I have an XT M8000 11 speed shifter, which is I-spec B to work with my SLX brakes. However a new frame (lucky me!) means swap-over time and I was going to transfer the drivetrain over, but with the Hope Tech Evo M4 brakes off my other bike. Problem I have is that there is no (as far as I can see) bar clamp that I can buy to convert the shifter to a bar mounted one, and Hope don’t do a “matchmaker” type adaptor? So its either stick with the SLX’s (which I’d rather not), buy a new shifter, or swap brakes totally – any ideas?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I assume you mean tech 2 evo. The tech 3 lever is ispec b compatible.

As I understand it, there is no mount for tech 2 to any 11 speed shimano shifter.

martinkiely
    Free Member

Yep, sorry Tech 2 Evo – just my luck! Best laid plans and all that…

adsh
    Free Member

http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SHIMANOshiftermounts-Issue2a.pdf

This gets confusing.

I spec B should be I spec B regardless of what shifter the I spec B is attached to.

So I have Hope Race X2s with an IspecB matchmaker mounting an IspecB XTM8000 11speed shifter. The slight wrinkle is that IspecB 11speed is very faintly different to IspecB 10 speed but nothing a very small amount of filing didn’t sort.

There is an I spec B matchmaker for an X2 non race – HBSP 263 which I have 10 speed I spec B mounted to. I can’t tell you categorically that 11speed I spec B fits but it’s worth a punt?

Confused? So am I.

milky1980
    Free Member

Have seen people who have done this using the HBSP 306 or the 263 mount but I don’t know if they modified anything to make it work. It replaces the whole ISpec mount and bolts on to the sliding part of the shifter.

Hope mount chart

Might be worth a shot if you can find one cheap to play with?

EDIT: adsh said the same thing as I was getting the chart!

martinkiely
    Free Member

Confusing is putting it mildly!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

It does work…
    I got a mount for my Race Evo cylinder to go to a 10speed Saint ispec B shifter.

You just need to work it out from that chart

ffej
    Free Member

You need one of these.
    http://clee-cycles.co.uk/P51583/product
    Converts your shifter (which is Ispec II NOT B) to bar mount.

Jeff

milky1980
    Free Member

You can get the XTM8000 shifter in Ispec B and II so his can be B, mine is.

ffej
    Free Member

Then i stand corrected.

martinkiely
    Free Member

Morning all
    Just to update the thread, when I dis-assembled the brake and the shifter, it appeared that neither of the Hope mounts would work, and though I was told about a mount that kcnc did, that was a no-go either, as it is around £13.00, and doesn’t come with any mounting hardware. So in the end, I’ve just ordered a bar mount shifter, and will either keep or sell the I-spec B one – a bit of a poor show from Shimano, but its’ only money eh?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Whereas the Sram matchmaker has never changed from day one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I-spec B and Hope compatability?’ is closed to new replies.