Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I seem to be on facebook, but did not sign up?
  • s
    Free Member

OK, sorry if this does not make sence but here goes…

I set up a new gmail account at the beginning of the year, to link up with friends. One of which sent me a facebook request, we will call him Nick.

As facebook is not my thing I ignored it & did not reply & did not sign up.

But here is the strange thing, another friend of mine called John, who is also a friend of Nicks on facebook, keeps sending me messages through facebook. John mentioned to me that he found me on Nicks friends list?

How can that be?

My profile is blank & there is no other info on it, tried contacting facebook, but had no reply.

Nick said he has not set up the account, but did send a friend request to my email address?

Have I been hacked in some way, or has facebook stored my email/details?

Hope that makes sence.

sweepy
    Free Member

I was putting on my underpants this morning and I noticed a google label had appeared in them overnight.
    Joking obviously- but its getting like that.

brant
    Free Member

You did it one night when you were drunk to stalk an ex girlfriend.

s
    Free Member

brant – Member

You did it one night when you were drunk to stalk an ex girlfriend.

Two problems with that one Brant, I dont drink & all my ex’s are well past their sell by date now 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

I did it late one night when I was drunk to stalk one of your ex girlfriends.

😥

Trimix
    Free Member

I too find the whole thing quite “Big Brother”. I also noticed that while on some other forum I could “Like” something (flipping hate that whole concept) It showed my facebook connection – so its already linking to it.

Can you completely remove yourself from Facebook, Oh and Linked in, I joined for work reasons and now get all manner of shite from it.

I want to be a hermit please.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Weird. I left in December, biggest waste of time ever.

wwaswas

I suspect an account is opened for the email address an invite is sent to automatically so if you accept it then you’re half way there.

I joined facebook to enter a comp and they’ve been spamming me every since 🙁

problem is every time I log on to try and stop it it seems to think I’ve got some interest and the amoutn of mail increases.

ski
    Free Member

I suspect an account is opened for the email address an invite is sent to automatically so if you accept it then you’re half way there.

I did wonder if it was something to do with the invite he sent me, because the messages from other friends on FB, started to come to my email account after that?

clubber
    Free Member

I joined facebook to enter a comp and they’ve been spamming me every since

The only emails I get from fb are if I’m tagged in a picture or post. You can set what triggers you getting an email so if you’re being spammed, your settings are wrong.

CountZero

As clubbed sez. I use Fb a lot, but it was changed a while ago so that email updates very seldom come through. I get notifications pushed to the app, but only rarely do I ever get email ones.

xiphon
    Free Member

I use a FaceBook blocker in Chrome.

Stops FB, LI, Google etc from tracking me between sites.

I don’t see the Like button or anything.

binners

Linkdin is worse than FB. I joined, foolishly, for work reasons. At least with FB there are people on their you like.

With Linkdin I just get messages and invites from the kind of people I’d actually emigrate to avoid seeing ever again

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I seem to be on facebook, but did not sign up?’ is closed to new replies.