Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I see Liverpool FC have given Dr Steve Peters a job…
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

… I know he’s good, but now we’ll see if he’s a miracle worker.

I dont understand how other teams dont use the services of similar people to be fair.

chojin
    Free Member

Well, they can hardly get any worse this season, can they? 🙄

higgo
    Free Member

Well, they can hardly get any worse this season, can they?

We can hope.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bit emperors new clothes for the modern era of touchy feelly emotional sentimentality

Whether it works or not [ Cav was not that flattering of his approach iirc But Victoria probably got a lot from it given her persona] depends on the person IMHO rather than the actual Dr.

I suspect it is less used as many managers are old and old school and think it a load of old bollocks

Not really sure how we will measure it effectiveness in terms of Liverpool – if they win the league next season we would not know whether it was great coaching tor just mind mapping

I would like to see actual peer review research that proves his approach works- i doubt there is much out there tbh – anyone got any links?

PrinceJohn

If he can get the Liverpool players actually converting some of those chances they create they might finish top six. Brendan Rogers is a modern forward thinking manager so fair play to him to try it.

If it works who knows, he might get employed by England to get the team scoring penalties in shoot outs.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Scoring penalties? England? Never happen until they wake up and learn from other sports that to win penalties you have to practice them. Golfers get it, rugby players get it, the Germans get it – just England and th Dutch who co-incendenrly both have applaling shoot out records.

Started to read the Peters book a month ago to see what the fuss is about. Not impressed, seemed very lightweight re-packaging of others ideas IMO.

Junkyard
    Free Member

from other sports that to win penalties you have to practice them. Golfers get it, rugby players get it, the Germans get it

The germans actually used a psychologist for their penalties and anyone who missed had to a day work in the hotel kitchens- I know someone who worked with him and he told the stories of this. They hated missing and it meant the kick had actual pressure associated with it just like the real one.
    Its hard to replicate the actual pressure so that is what they used.
    Perhaps England should say JT gets anight out with their WAG if they miss 😉

I am sure england’s practice penalties are as good as anyones but when the pressure is on they struggle. Lets not forget that technically england are poorer than the other teams as well so more likely to “crumble”

rascal
    Free Member

Hopefully they’ll get nothing out of today’s game at Swansea at 1.30.
    I’ll be down the local watching it on the box hoping the hideous, petulant sh*t that is Suarez doesn’t get a sniff, and my boys give ‘mighty’ Liverpool a torrid afternoon. I’m off…there’s a Timothy Taylor Landlord with my name on it 😉

weeksy

I was at the Swansea game last season, but due to Babysitting duties today i’m not. However, i’m going for a Suarez hat-trick 🙂

thered

It’s speaks volumes that it’s taking so long for Rogers to get performances out of Liverpool.

Dalglish did a good job

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I see Liverpool FC have given Dr Steve Peters a job…’ is closed to new replies.