Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I say chaps, credit where credit is due
  • Irish_AL
    Free Member

Those awfully nice German chaps at Bike-discount.de are quite marvellous. Thought I would give them a try late Monday night. Ordered a new headset and even with five odd quid postage, it was still a tenner cheaper than CRC. Though and behold didn’t it arrive this morning.

wrecker
    Free Member

Great outfit. Competition is good for us consumers.

peteimpreza

Very good service for me also.

sambob
    Free Member

Ordered some grips from Winstanleys on Monday, £8 cheaper than anywhere else (Troy Lee ODI) with free postage, arrived today.

Potdog
    Free Member

Got to say that a lot depends on the postal service too. I ordered some stuff from a friend in Finland and it was collected by the Finish postal service on the following day. Currently 20 days in and it appears to be on it’s way back to Finland after a tour of Scandinavia and parts of Germany! Shop service great, postal service = Epic Fail 🙁

Mackem

German post is superb.
    I ordered a seatpost on Thursday morning for delivery to Spain. It was in Spain by Friday afternoon, in my hand Monday morning.

smiff
    Free Member

bd-de are good but I’ll tell you a nice shop that never gets the attention they deserve:

Tweeks Cycles http://www.tweekscycles.com

had a nice lady from there phone me up the other day to discuss delivery times/options. how many shops will bother to do that? at most you get an automated email, often nothing.
    Also the guys there are actually interested in what they’re selling and if they don’t know something they listen to customers. 😮 shocking.
    They’re mainly moto based (Demon Tweeks) but do mtb and road stuff too. UK based.

br
    Free Member

German post is superb.

Maybe across borders is it, but when we lived there we had a house on a new street and because they don’t have a postcode system – you can imagine the rest…

butcher

Got to say that a lot depends on the postal service too. I ordered some stuff from a friend in Finland and it was collected by the Finish postal service on the following day. Currently 20 days in and it appears to be on it’s way back to Finland after a tour of Scandinavia and parts of Germany! Shop service great, postal service = Epic Fail

We got into e-commerce in a big way quite early in Britain. One of the things considered responsible for that is the postal service over here. In many parts of Europe it is just not trusted.

belugabob
    Free Member

The German companies are pretty good, and almost always cheaper – even with the postage.
    What I have found though, is that the parcel whizzes from Germany to the UK, then hangs around in a depot somewhere for several days.
    Not usually in a rush, so don’t mind too much.

Scapegoat

Tyres ordered from bike-discount last Tuesday night, dispatched weds, arrived Friday. Two items from crc ordered last week, arrived next day on both occasions. Tried to post a frame, collect by yodel via parcel2go. Collection ordered on Saturday, arranged for Monday, theyY failed to collect. I was offered no explanation just pointed out collection wasn’t guaranteed, and it was up to me to rebook it. I then had to wait until weds before they would arrange another collection, which wasn’t guaranteed. Now that’s crap service.

BenjiM

SJS Cycles have always been great. Especially for finding hard to get parts 🙂

shortcut

I went to the local bike shop the other day…..

And got what I wanted and a conversation as well.

tutgareth
    Free Member

You can all hate me if you like, but every time i go to bikediscount.de the prices are good but when you ad the cost of postage into the equation then often CRC are still cheaper……

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I say chaps, credit where credit is due’ is closed to new replies.