• This topic has 49 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by dti.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • I predict…
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mostly the Guardian I suspect teamhurtmore, with a few reading the Independent. It’s unlikely to be the the Times or the Telegraph. Why ?

EDIT : When I say “unlikely” I of course mean unlikely that many read Times or the Telegraph. There was I time many years ago when I read the Times on a daily basis, and occasionally the Telegraph, at that time I was a very strong supporter of Labour. Although to be fair I often buy more than one paper per day.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mostly the Guardian I suspect

Oooh, I hope not Ernie. there’s not that many of them. And Im one of them Guardian readers that dont even vote for Labour 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oooh, I hope not Ernie. there’s not that many of them.

He asked me what broadsheet “real” Labour supporters read. Which is what I answered. I am well aware that there are more than 230,000 Labour supporters in Britain. I have no idea why he asked me.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nothing sinister in the question ernie – its just thats the second dig at Guardian readers recently which seemed to suggest that “true Lab” supporters do not read it. I would have guessed its market segment was Lib Dem/Labour.

The graph above would be more interesting as a %age of readership. So lots of Mail readers vote lab in absolute terms but guess they would be small % of total Mail readership.

CountZero

And as I was reading this, he’s just been on the 6 o’clock news. Spooky.

MrNutt – Member
    that clock doesn’t look very straight

It’s not, due to subsidence it’s currently leaning by eighteen inches. Just think of the scaffolding companies rubbing their hands.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

its just thats the second dig at Guardian readers recently which seemed to suggest that “true Lab” supporters do not read it.

Eh ? Of course plenty of Labour supporters read the Guardian, specially the ones which are also Labour Party members. How the hell do you think they end up with the likes of Blair and Miliband as their leaders ?

And if it’s only my second dig at the Guardian recently then I must be slacking.

aracer
    Free Member

Well http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/politics-and-election/british-politics/next-prime-minister still shows him at 14s at the shortest, behind Yvette at 8s and David and the other Ed at 10s. The bookies aren’t necessarily the best political forecasters, but neither are they in the habit of being overly generous with their odds.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Some interesting names in that list aracer ……….Nick Clegg, Chris Huhne, and Liam Fox 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah well, the bookies will happily take a bet on anybody. I probably should quote best odds as that’s what you’d put a bet on if using that (anything shorter is the bookies trying to make a bit more margin) – which has Yvette on 10s, David on 12s, the other Ed on 14s and Mr Umunna on 25s. In which case you can get 50/1 on Nick – I suspect some people are putting money on him not realising that even if a NUT assassination cell gets CMD he still doesn’t get any power under our constitution.

dti

I predict…….

disquiet?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘I predict…’ is closed to new replies.