Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I-phone numpty question (again!)
  • plant
    Free Member

Missus wants a DAB radio with i-phone dock. Do you need both? Can't you get DAB through the i-phone – especially when at home and linked through the home wireless router?

Cheers,

organic355
    Free Member

Nope, Iphone doesnt have DAB.

There are a few iradio apps, but they are just FM over wifi or edge.

carbon337
    Free Member

it would be nice to have an app client that pulled streamed radio stations together into a portal so i could listen over 3g or wifi.

Say all the bbc ones, talksport, local bbc radio etc all into a list – like tv catchup but for radio.

It probably already exsits – if it doesnt bagsie my idea!

carbon337
    Free Member

ah – just found internet radio box on app store – that will be the one i need then!

pjbarton
    Free Member

well, not DAB – but internet radio through the iPhone is easy. Get a dock that's shielded / 'works with iPhone' should do it. You don't want it going into plane mode.

cp

carbon357 – or wunderradio. It's really very very good. listening on it now 🙂

you can't get DAB per se through the iphone, but you can get internet streams – e.g. the wunderradio searches online for webstreams (so, e.g. all the bbc radio ones), which you can listen to.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I use wunderradio, runs perfectly over wi-fi & 3G.
    Link here

carbon337
    Free Member

i know this iphone app /stw app thing has been mentioned before but what do people think of a basic app that shows you trail centres (I know natural is better…blah blah blah) trail maps. the 7 stanes, welsh, all the others with post codes you can click and it would take me to google maps app.

Lists all the facilities or lack of etc distance to towns local amenities, no showers/toilets/changing – maybe an interactive user content option where people can click on notes and upload a point of interest like a good pub,hotel,kebab shop nearby.

I seen something like this on the gadget show for the main ski resorts in the alps.

flame away

./

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I-phone numpty question (again!)’ is closed to new replies.