Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I Pad Mini standard V Mini Retina
  • grantway
    Free Member

Thinking of buying an I pad mini but have now seen Apple brining out a Retina version in November

What I am asking is would it be actually worth buying the Retina version against the standard I Pad mini
    being the size of screen.
    And if I wanted the Retina would I be then better of with the new I Pad Air?

AdamW
    Free Member

AFAIK the new iPad mini retina has the A7 processor in it so will be a fair bit faster than the iPad mini, which is based upon the iPad 2 processor.

Mini is good for taking out and about. I’d be careful with the iPad Air as it costs so much 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

If you can get a Mini at cheaper price then maybe go for that, I’m also looking at getting a mini but am going for the retina display

CaptainSlow

More screen to enjoy (to answer your last q op). Unless you need it to fit in a handbag, I’d get a bigger screen.

I’m waiting for the air.

fisha
    Free Member

Speed wise the 2 new ones should be similar pegging as they both have the A7 in them.. That will e much faster than the mini.

The current mini manages well enough wit asks but I do sense that the creep of advance and complexity is starting to tax it at times. So buyin one now means that you be hitting its limit much quicker than he new ones. For that reason alone, I would go for a new one.

Difference hen falls down to size and what you want to use it for. The mini is handy if carried about. If it sitting in the lounge all the time, them the larger screen is better I reckon. I have an original iPad and a mini. The mini is faster, but I like the larger screen of the original.

The original is getting past it, and am considering a new iPad. At the moment i thinking of going for the larger iPad air at the moment as I don’t need e portability.

skids
    Free Member

I have the current iPad mini and am happy with it but I think the new one is a great deal considering it has the same specs, processor etc as the iPad air at a much cheaper price. £320 for the mini retina compared to£250 for the mini is pretty good

grantway
    Free Member

Cheers the Mini Retina it shall be

Thanks for your help and input 😉

fisha
    Free Member

Good luck getting one. All the information points to it being in limited supply.

mrchrispy

how the hell did we get to the bottom of an apple thread with zero haters?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Apple stuff is shit and only dicks buy it.

Happy? 😀

mrchrispy

much better.
    thanks 🙂

prawny

Aren’t they only doing the new mini as 16gb? Worth bearing in mind, my 32gb mini is often full

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I Pad Mini standard V Mini Retina’ is closed to new replies.