Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I only came in for a quote for some fencing mate…
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In the midst of some elbows on the counter negotiating at the fence suppliers yesterday, one of the employees arrives into the office, blood streaming from a cut to the head, limping a bit, raving a little…adrenaline flowing I suppose. I’d seen the same guy on top of a shed a few minutes earlier so assumed he’d fallen off.

Turns out the other chap I’d seen helping him build a shed had gone all FallingDown over a minor disagreement and started beating the living daylights out of him. A good few whacks to the head with a bit of two x four, a few kicks to the kidney area had left our protagonist quite the worse for wear.

Everyone in the office was quite shaken up. I asked if they had a first aid kit anywhere. Cue much flapping around but a well stocked one turned up eventually. Then they ask me “Do you know any first aid?” “No, not really, apart from dealing with a few building site cuts and grazes here and there,” says me. Well, ok then, gloves on, sterile wipes out and off I start cleaning the guy’s head up…nice little 3/4″ gash on the side of the head and lots of blood…lots of pain around kidney area (but no obvious bruising or gashes) and an excited office puppy jumping all over us. 😆

“You guys going to call the ambulance or police? Your employee has just been assaulted, can’t stand up with lower back pain and has had multiple whacks to head with a piece of timber. I don’t think this one is going away.”

“Yeah, I suppose we’d better really hadn’t we.” It really did seem as if they were just hoping he’d be alright after a cuppa and a sit down. Clearly this was ruining their Friday afternoon plans. 😀

Waited for bizzies to arrive, gave them my details etc. and left it there. As a thanks, they [the fence co.] offered me free delivery on my £500ish quote. 😐

scaredypants

should’ve said you were a doctor and you wanted extra for working weekends 😉

scaredypants

oh “yesterday” – 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

trouble follows you around doesnt it? 🙂

Tax deductible!*

* fortunately I have to keep my First Aid ticket up to date for the rugby club, so they pay my annual training cost. Join a club with bravissimini that puts him in harms way and you too could get free training!

bearnecessities

You could say he got a decking and you treated him.

CheesybeanZ

^^^^^ 😆 😆

project
    Free Member

i think youll find the term is 4 X 2 timber NOT 2 X 4, but thankfully you where ble to take control of the situation. Well done

andyl
    Free Member

I think in this instance it is refered to as 2×4, if you don’t agree bring it up with this guy:

Bravo 😆

DD which fencing place was this? Give us a cryptic clue 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Bearnecessities wins the internet for today!

Drac

Join a club with bravissimini that puts him in harms way and you too could get free training!

I thought they only did lingerie.

tymbian
    Free Member

Should’ve got free delivery with a £500 order anyways…did the guy climb off the roof to get the beating or did the ‘beatee’ climb up?

Junkyard
    Free Member

CHapeau Sir Chapeau

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So what happened to the decker? Did he just continue building the shed?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Did a runner but the bizzie got a radio call while he was there and shot off to where he’d been reported wandering round. He’d only been there for a week on trial. Certainly made an impression.

scaredypants

probably had a chip on his shoulder about something; doesn’t take much in some people for the veneer to fade

CountZero

Did a runner but the bizzie got a radio call while he was there and shot off to where he’d been reported wandering round. He’d only been there for a week on trial. Certainly made an impression.

Shirley that’s what comes next?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I only came in for a quote for some fencing mate…’ is closed to new replies.