Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I need 'whats it worth' help
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Normally secondhand bike equals half price in my book, but I’ve no idea with this thing I’ve built up. Some bloke I know is after a bike, not a ‘rider’ just wants something to use occasionally. I thought £200/£250?
    It’s a 99 Trek 8000SL, Mars Elite forks, Blue LX drivetrain, Shimano M535 factory wheels, random finishing kit…blue SKN saddle, bit of Hope, Cane Creek, HG70 cassette etc.
    Any idea?

epicyclo

Cane Creek cranks that aren’t broken – that’s good. How much have they been used?

(I liked mine until they twisted)

oldgit
    Free Member

No LX cranks, all Shimano drivetrain.

andy7t2
    Free Member

man that’s one ugly bike you’d have to pay me £250 to take that heap

geoffj

Quality bits but a fugly build. Worth more as bits, but £150 tops for the build IMHO

oldgit
    Free Member

Quality bits but a fugly build. Worth more as bits, but £150 tops for the build IMHO

That’s what I thought, a pair of those wheels apparently went for £90 alone.
    All the old LX stuff including nice STIs are immaculate. And the Elites have hardly seen any use, and they’re SID weight.
    Plus those SLR saddles are probably too good for a recreational rider

djglover
    Free Member

Don’t fleece the guy. 250 is daylight robbery

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

£250 sounds reasonable to me to be honest- it’s old, but it’s in good condition, has decent bits on it and a 9 speed drivetrain of good quality.

Would you sell the SLR seperately and fire something else on? I think mine has died…

Kevevs
    Free Member

If that’s in really good working order, and If someone came up to me, that fitted that bike, that had £200 max to spend on an mtb, I’d point them at that bike no problem. If that’s in good nick. What else you gonna get for £200? STWers will laugh at them in man made trail car parks though, on the weekend. poor gits.

oldgit
    Free Member

Got a guy on another site offering £150 for the wheels and forks.
    Thomsons fetch a little bit, that leaves the frame, all the gears, brakes chainset etc and all the contact stuff.

Might just keep it as a spare, and it’s a fantastic dry weather XC racer anyway.

oldgit
    Free Member

Feel a bit guilty as it was a find and I had most of the parts, but a quick trawl on Ebay and I’d rather he rode this than the junk on there for £250.
    Plus this has a new bottom bracket, KMC SL9 chain, perfect teeth on the chainset, new cables and everything shifts sweetly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I need 'whats it worth' help’ is closed to new replies.