Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I need wall mounted bike holder ideas
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

essentially this… http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5436 but without the £26 price tag.

Any ideas?

odannyboy
    Free Member

dunno but dont pay £25 for that!
    different but my bike hangs on the wall off the ground.
    two long hooks from b+q were £7 each.
    might not be what you want tho

barca
    Free Member

You're such a cheapskate! 🙂
    Get an old long shelf, fasten it to the wall at wheel height, cut out some slots wide enough for the pink bike's tyre and for that grand young mans' bike tyre (and any others you may have nicked).
    Jobs done!
    Fancy coming out for a ride?

nbt

Fiver a time at one one for road bike hangers @ on-one – if you want them to hang.Or, just hooks as suggested, that's all I use

If you want them to stand and be held like that, try here

http://tinyurl.com/nuedhs

therealhoops
    Free Member

I'm after that skool bike sheds feel. Annoyingly most of them only support 50mm wide tyres.
    barca – she's not pink anymore!

The slot thing might work if I lined it with old tyres….

nbt – only supports 50mm 🙁

barca update – yes, but only if it's the crack-o-dawn or last fing at night

shortcut

I have something similar in my garage. Blocks of wood, mounted on the wall about 13" from the floor. I then have vertical lengths of decking going to the floor. So essentially from left to right I have a horizonal, vertical decking, tyre width gap, vertical decking, horizontal, more decking and so on with 5 gaps, 10 bits of decking and 6 horizontals.

Easy!

And almost free if you have just put decking into your back garden.

barca
    Free Member

I'm up for anyfink mate. Breakfast ride or even late dinner ride. I'll bring the candles, the music, the ambience, you just bring you (and Flash) 🙂

Is that even the same bike?

therealhoops
    Free Member

where are you living now? I'll aim a ride past yer door. Flash doesn't do early mornings 🙁 Went to Pete's last night I reckon he could be persuaded 🙂 Once the reality of having babies hits Ross I'm sure he'll start venturing out at silly times as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I need wall mounted bike holder ideas’ is closed to new replies.