Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I need a net book, which one?
  • Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

I'm just starting a new job and I'm in need of a small net book to I can log onto my company, place orders check email etc. I'm not too worried about music, pictures and all of that so can anyone point me in the right direction as I as confused as you like.

Many Thanks

Del

samsung n110.
    9hr battery life. decent sized keyboard. good, vibrant screen, good trackpad.
    use one as my only computer at home now. lovely.

simon_g

Budget? There are some really nice models coming in that are a bit above netbooks in terms of size/performance (and price!) which are still very light and portable but more usable as everyday kit.

Take a look at things like the Acer Timeline 1810t – ULV processor (a fair bit faster than the usual netbook Atoms), 11.6" screen, 3Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, 8 hour battery, etc. 1.4kg and £450.

If it has to be a regular 10" netbook, I'd probably pick up an Asus 1005HA – they do a regular and higher-spec one, the latter has a 10-hour battery.

GrahamS

samsung n110.

+1 – brill wee netbook with tons of battery life.

cranberry
    Free Member

I would suggest that you have a look at a 2nd hand Thinkpad X60 – small, powerful, and if you get an extended battery they can run for up to 8 hours – cost £235-£250.

Stoner
    Free Member

try and get one with an integrated mobile internet card.

My aspire has one and it's brilliant.
    Ive previously used an unlocked dongle and a bluetooth connection to my phone in the past. The integrated solutions if far better.

tails
    Free Member

nokia netbook on sale yet?

prettygreenparrot

Allegedly forthcoming Apple tablet?

zaskar
    Free Member

I thought netbooks were on their way out now due to more demanding web pages (Unless you can upgrade your software)

showerman
    Free Member

i have a hp110 with a 250gig HD, what sold it to me was i can get on the internet from the fully off postion in 8sec as it does not require booting up the whole pc.
    Loved the samsung nc10 better but some spanish c""" nicked it from my hotelroom
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0907779959.1262801739@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfadejfgehlffcflgceggdhhmdfho.0&page=Product&sku=992098

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I need a net book, which one?’ is closed to new replies.