• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I nearly seriously injured someone last week, with a CO2 canister!!
  • fbk
    Free Member

So there I am, casually screwing a 16g CO2 canister onto the adapter when woosh…. the canister shoots out of my hands, misses 1 lads leg by inches before bouncing under another guys bike and ricocheting off into the woods.
    Those canisters weigh enough to cause injury, especially when going at that speed! Looking at the pump afterwards, the threads on the head have completely sheared!

Is this a common occurance? I’m tempted to send the thing back but maybe I’ll just stick to normal pumps in future!!

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Good stuff, that made me chuckle. 😆
    Have got one ready for some action, – next time I know what to do with it.

Might even go pheasant hunting with an air canaster launcher. 8)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Next time, please ensure someone is videoing!

bassspine
    Free Member

I’d be inclined to politely try a warranty return. It’s always worth asking.

Xylene
    Free Member

Years ago, when I was a bit naughty, I used to empty out co2 canisters to make crater makers (don’t ask)to empty the canisters I used to hit a nail into the end.

Unfortunately, I once managed to take out the strip light in the garage and the window in one go, bouncing off the walls and roof. My folks weren’t too pleased.

busydog
    Free Member

I was unscrewing a CO2 cartridge from the valve/trigger fitting and launched it across the kitchen, just missing my wife and putting a great dent in the dishwasher. She swears I did it on purpose, but just had bad aim.

stayhigh

It just came off in my hand sir lol

Go with polite warranty return 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Threads on a plastic device – wear and tear surely. But worth a shot.

fbk
    Free Member

This thread would be sooo much better with video evidence I agree 🙂

coffeeking – the thing was only about 6 months old but you’re right, I don’t hold out much hope of a replacement.

devon_roadie
    Free Member

br
    Free Member

Just how incompetent are people…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

is it possible to cross thread them?
    Anyway, I always screw them on with a slight holding of the breathe, waiting for something horrible to happen, so thanks for that.

Olly
    Free Member

A CO2 canister exploding in a fire with a good, safe metre’s distance between me and the canster

do you reckon thats an international stanard distance.
    how the FRIG did that moron decide on 1m being enough.

nautical mile would be my measure of choice.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I nearly seriously injured someone last week, with a CO2 canister!!’ is closed to new replies.