Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • I nearly fainted in the pub yesterday…how expensive??
  • Taff
    Free Member

Paid £2.40 for a Doom at my local but never paid more than £2.80

rOcKeTdOg

I’d rather eat my own arm than do anything in London if how elfin comes across is an example of “fun atmosphere” he bleats on about, and how would you see the bar past the huge chip he seems to carry around with him?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

“Never mind, you can’t have everything eh?”

No actually you can. It’s London. The World comes to you.

The mountain to Mohammed?

Stoner
    Free Member

how you spellin’ that?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d rather eat my own arm than do anything in London if how elfin comes across is an example of “fun atmosphere” he bleats on about, and how would you see the bar past the huge chip he seems to carry around with him?

Fine. We could do with less miserable sods like you coming here anyway. 😉

And what ‘chip’ are you on about? This, from a man who judges others based on their particular choice of footwear… 🙄

The mountain to Mohammed?

Well of course. 🙂

Because I’m worth it.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Slow day Elfin? 😆
    I dunno how people can still afford to go for a pint or 3 in the eve. I want every tune in the world on the jukebox, gold plated pool cues and beautiful women just itching to chat to me for todays prices!

CaptJon
    Free Member

I’ll never forget the time i was charged £2.50 for a pint of coke. It was more expensive than the beer!

Houns

I quite like the Lyttleton RD

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Slow day Elfin?

You know me, Kev. 😉

I was out in That London’s famous West End last night. There are some stunning boozers round there, round Theatreland. Yeah, much of it’s for the tourists and the theatregoers, but by ‘eck there’s a bewildering choice. Prices are a little steep in some, granted, but tbh, no more than in yer nicer pubs in rural places and that.

A good pub’s not just about the booze. I don’t mind paying a bit extra to sit in a nice well-kept happy environment where I can sup a nice pint and relax. if I want cheap booze, I’ve got a good selection of ‘The Jockey out of Shameless’ style dives near me. Surprisingly, the booze ain’t all that cheaper really. Or I can stay at home with me bottle of White Lightning….

cb

£5.50 a pint for Leffe in a chop house in manc. First and last visit…

hora
    Free Member

If its the chophouse Im thinking of- 3 pints of ALE £11.

takisawa2

£1.85 each, for a bloody Fruit Shoot for the kids last week, at a birthday party at a Wacky Warehouse type place. Its pop FFS. Totally out of order.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Never ever venture to Ibiza is all i can advise then! 11€ Bottle of San mig, 18€ Red bull and vodka!

chewkw
    Free Member

At that price I just hope there is no queue … 😯

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Elf: “I was out in That London’s famous West End last night.”

Oh. But you posted on here 16, 18, 19 and 21 hours ago (~7 until midnight).

vinnyeh

Can’t afford more than one beer in a London pub.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I Once accidentally paid 18 Euro for a shot of single malt in Annecy 😯

Thank god for company expenses 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

#
    buzz-lightyear – Member

Elf: “I was out in That London’s famous West End last night.”

Making up story are we? LOL! Caught!

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Jeeze, you some kind of stalker, buzz? 😯

16 hours ago? Where you getting that from? Have another look.

Wanna see my Oyster card printout? It’ll show you my journeys and times. Or my debit card history. I dare say there will be CCTV footage of me in that area, if you need further proof. And the waitresses in the restaurant I was in will remember me. 😉

Y’know, if you’re that interested, like. 🙄

Making up story are we? LOL! Caught!

Er, nope.

GrahamS

I want every tune in the world on the jukebox, gold plated pool cues and beautiful women just itching to chat to me for todays prices!

My local offers nice ale, gold-plated bullshit and women that make you itchy… will that do?

thepublican
    Free Member

If anyone wants to know the nuts and bolts of the price of beer feel free-as the name implies, I am actually a publican…

cheaper up north for a reason
    more expensive in london for a reason
    (should be) cheaper in free house
    more expensive in a tenanted pub

horatio
    Free Member

Accidentally order a can of coke for 7 euros once.

I happily pay £3.50 for a pint, it generally means im drinking someone free from chavs and people with beards.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hmm, seems that Buzz looked at ‘Most Recent’ instead of ‘User Replied’ in my post history, in his pathetic attempt to discredit me. How sad. More sad is the fact someone would go to such lengths in the first place. Get a life, eh? 🙄

A simple apology for calling me a liar will suffice, Buzz. In a new thread entitled ‘An apology to Elfinsafety’. 🙂

And I promise not to crow on too much. 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

3 emocions in one post! He means business buzz!! 😀

Kevevs
    Free Member

GrahamS – yeah, go on then, you’ve twisted my arm 😉

Kunstler

TBh I would rather pay a premium in a London boozer, with a lively fun atmosphere, good healthy mix of people, and lots of pretty things to look at, than sit in some sullen, miserable pub in some Godforsaken provincial town or village, with surly territorial narrow-minded locals, hardly any women and warm beer. There’s a reason why beer is cheap in places like that you know…

Welcome to Norfolk. Did you not enjoy your visit?

Actually there’s both types of bar here. San Miguel or Carlsberg Export £2.30, snooker 50p, pool 20p, darts, cards etc. It’s okay once you’ve conditioned yourself to it.
    The other bar is on a ship in the harbour. Bottle of Grolsch £2.50 a bottle. They have some good ales apparently (I tried some on saturday night. Ale is not for me). Surly locals don’t go on there. There’s a brawling pub a few hundreds yard across the quayside.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“Jeeze, you some kind of stalker, buzz?”

Ooops! You got me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He means business buzz!!

Too bloody right. Bin called a liar, basically. Don’t quite know why, either. I notice Buzz hasn’t responded, but I do expect a full public apology. 🙂

Welcome to Norfolk. Did you not enjoy your visit?

I’ve never been to Norfolk!!

I don’t know if I shall ever visit. So many places; so little time. 🙁

There’s a brawling pub a few hundreds yard across the quayside.

😀 I may have to rethink my travel plans.

rOcKeTdOg

this is why i usually only post on the bike forum, Elfin usually turns every thread into a Me Me me, look at me thread, but i’m safe on the bike forum i think, because he can’t actually ride can he?, he’s always here writing about himself

Houns – Member
    I quite like the Lyttleton RD

yea, i used to like parking my battered little Yaris between the ferraris, lambos and bentleys you get there

CountZero

£3 a pint here for most ales, best value in Bath though I say so myself

Which pub’s that then? When I go out for a drink in Bath with a girlfriend it’s usually to the Assembly, decent beer and nice comfy sofas, and reasonably quiet for a chat. St. James’ Wine Vaults is closer to her flat off Cavendish Road, but usually too busy to find anywhere to sit, sadly.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Aw, feeling a little ignored, RD? 😉

because he can’t actually ride can he?,

I’ll ride you into the ground mate. Then, right, I’ll lap you and do it all over again. Mountain Mayhem. Be there. And you can buy me a beer when I beat you. 😉

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I used to occasion the Lyttleton in my battered Yaris as well, the wychbury was just on my road but as I used to be kept awake by scalleys fighting in the carpark almost every night I hardly ever drank in there. Although it was always a good spot to watch the rugby on a saturday. whats your local RD? the french hen?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

TBC – thanks for the reminder that I need to venture back to the Cask and Barrel – great pub that with a rather good selection of beers.

singletrackmind

Well, it costs us IRO 40p a pint to make beer.
    That includes malt, hops, gas , electricity , water , chemicals and closures.
    We sell beer to freehouse for between 80p and 90p a pint . ex vat.

Our mark up has to cover wages , rent ,rates ,delivery costs and profit to cover investment.

Unfortunatly alot of landlords have to buy from a fixed price suppliers list. This is provided by their pub owning company. These prices are grossly inflated to make the pubco a nice tidy profit ( until no-one goes to the pub coz its too expensive)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I doubted your sincerity. I apologise.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ll ride you into the ground mate. Then, right, I’ll lap you and do it all over again. Mountain Mayhem. Be there. And you can buy me a beer when I beat you

😆

. whats your local RD? the french hen?

i used to go out with a girl who rented a house opposite it, what was it called before the Hen?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I doubted your sincerity. I apologise

Ok then. Apology accepted.

RD; I’m serious. You can’t just diss someone’s ability and get away with it. Gauntlet’s been thrown. You best start training. I’m enjoying that pint already…. 8)

Singletrackmind will tell you that I, like him, am a Top Ten Finisher in International Mountain Bike Racing.

And the beer he makes (he’s a TV Celebrity Brewer you know) is fantastic, and I’d happily pay good money for a pint.

A pint of standard muck will cost you about £3 in yer average pub these days. In’t a decent pint in a nice pub worth the extra?

will
    Free Member

Paid £10 for a shot of sambuca In London just before Christmas. Gutted as the round was for 11 people…

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

It’s London. The World comes to you

There’s no surfing or mountain biking in London, which are both far more fun than sitting in a boozer.

It really seems to me that the World, or at least most of England, comes here between May and August, which somewhat explains the bullsh]t prices the local pubs & restaurants charge around here. I’d rather stay at home and spend my money on wax and lube.

rOcKeTdOg

Elfin, MM is north of Watford, how are you going to cope away from London for 24hrs? I don’t think you’ve thought this through

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘I nearly fainted in the pub yesterday…how expensive??’ is closed to new replies.