• This topic has 28 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • I missed The Cycle Show last night
  • Harry_the_Spider

Was is up to much?

Who was this week’s guest?

Week 1 – A man who used to have a moustache.
    Week 2 – The third most famous member of a pop group from 30 years ago.
    Week 3 – ?

DezB
    Free Member

Bastard! you made me laugh and I have very sore ribs

tomhoward

Guest was Jonathan Creek, and a flatland bmxer.

Also featured was the world smallest velodrome, a very expensive road bike, some pensioners and lots of gushing over the ‘limpics.

Not sure I’m going to keep watching…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Week 1 – A man who used to have a moustache.
    Week 2 – The third most famous member of a pop group from 30 years ago.
    Week 3 – Jonathan Creek, and a flatland bmxer.

Glad I haven’t seen a single second of it, then.

DezB
    Free Member

And how did Jonathan Creek “get into” cycling? He once saw a time trial helmet and wanted to wear one to look futuristic?

jota180
    Free Member

I missed The Cycle Show last night

I didn’t miss it at all

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He once saw a time trial helmet and wanted to wear one to look futuristic?

POC Tempor, I assume? 😉

sparkyrhino

Who the f””” is jonathan creek ,can’t be arsed googlin him

titusrider
    Free Member

im guessing they are refering to alan davies…

ell_tell
    Free Member

Didn’t he bite a tramps ear off?

DezB
    Free Member

Didn’t he bite a tramps ear off?
    On the Cycle Show? Hmm, sounds like they’ve spiced it up a bit.

ell_tell
    Free Member

I wasn’t referring to Gary Fisher by the way… 🙂

redwoods
    Free Member

Me and Onzadog tuned in. He spent most of it shouting abuse at the ‘features’ and I found myself inexplicably more focussed on the odd audience sat behind Creekers and that BMX Chap. The reeeeeeally bored-looking child staring into space and the slightly lost and dazed looking old lady with the pearl necklace.

DezB
    Free Member

The reeeeeeally bored-looking child staring into space and the slightly lost and dazed looking old lady with the pearl necklace.

That’s you and Onzadog, now what about the audience.. . aha ha boom boom

portlyone

dazed looking old lady with the pearl necklace

Hmm, sounds like they’ve spiced it up a bit.

nealglover
    Free Member

Was is up to much?

It’s a program about cycling.

Of course nobody here will be uncool enough to admit they thought it was any good.

portlyone

In terms on content it was the one I’ve least liked. But that could be said about any sport. Do feel it needs to be longer.

tomhoward

I just don’t think it’s a very well made show, seemingly hastily put together off the back of the tour.

The interviews are poor and just seem to consist of one, maybe 2 questions (Though Eddy Merckx was given a real grilling, 4 questions, 2 of those from the audience/customers, ‘Is Wiggins ace?’ and ‘Could you have beaten him?’ were the presenters efforts).

The guests have ever increasingly tenuous links to cycling – Alan Davies’ was ‘I ride my bike to football, and this cafe/studio is round the corner’ Guessing they didn’t have a guest, and he just happened to pop in?

The features are faar too short, and would really benefit from a bit more time to expand.

hora
    Free Member

Slightly bizarre and stilted production. Afterwards I watched Secret Britain (Peaks and Lakes) and thats normal production values compared.

The Cycle show seems to be filmed, produced and edited by media students?! I’ve only seen one episode but it just didn’t look good. The female presenter has bags of character and passion to get stuck in. Shame about the rest of it. Just seemed like a shonky production.

titusrider
    Free Member

i do feel for the people making this though, it has the feel of some v junior people with no interest in biking being told to produce a show about cycling for 12p in a week…..

bikebouy
    Free Member

I haven’t missed much then. After recording the first show and watching about 9mins and 33seconds of it I guess the last two have been equally riviting.

Still, better a show on the tellybox about cycling than not I say, I do, I say that.

spacemonkey

It’s doing no favours whatsoever to encourage more cycling.

DezB
    Free Member

Let’s face it – bikes aren’t cycling isn’t that interesting.
    Otherwise we’d all be over there
    <<<<<

project
    Free Member

just wish they had a male presnter with some personality, the lady was good and up for it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think it’s OK, of course it’s not good enough to be accepted on here, but what would be?

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

sky+ed it started watching it today when i got in from work watched the last two all through i was really trying to give a go but turned it off less than halfway through it really is utter pants and for this reason iam out.

hora
    Free Member

Thats leggyblonde (of stw)’s sister.

brakes
    Free Member

is she the one that makes high heels with cleats in?

I think it’s ok, it has a raw public access cable show feel to it.
    Plus in the first episode that tit Wayne Hemingway was riding round my old square, which was nice.

hora
    Free Member

Why cant Marzocchi make cycle shows 8)

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘I missed The Cycle Show last night’ is closed to new replies.